PDA

View Full Version : Tempest really shows the slow speed of Hispano rounds??

Xiolablu3
02-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I have noticed since we have the Tempest just how slowly the Hispano rounds seem to travel.

Trying to get a lead on any plane requires a lot of firing when you cant actually see the targets (hes behind you engine) when I am flying. I didnt really notice this before because the Spit Vc4 flies a lot slower thant he Tempest and the other spits have mg mixed in.

Aiming the Hispanos at 500kph tho seems really tough. Anyone else shocked at how slowly they seem to travel?

Xiolablu3
02-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I have noticed since we have the Tempest just how slowly the Hispano rounds seem to travel.

Trying to get a lead on any plane requires a lot of firing when you cant actually see the targets (hes behind you engine) when I am flying. I didnt really notice this before because the Spit Vc4 flies a lot slower thant he Tempest and the other spits have mg mixed in.

Aiming the Hispanos at 500kph tho seems really tough. Anyone else shocked at how slowly they seem to travel?

fordfan25
02-11-2006, 11:03 PM
thay have been like that sence 1.0 . same with the f4uc

FritzGryphon
02-11-2006, 11:48 PM
If you don't think it's right, you could measure their speed, and compare it to RL values.

VW-IceFire
02-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Also...the Hispano Mark V's on the Tempest have a slightly lower muzzle velocity. I'm not sure if its modeled or not....but it is slower. For higher refire rate and shorter barrels.

pourshot
02-12-2006, 12:39 AM
I noticed this before when I was going through my Spitfire boom@zoom phase, but I don€t see any problem it is just a matter of adjusting your shooting. It may help if you adjust your convergences out a little further and shoot well in front of the enemy and then just let him fly through the bullet stream.

WOLFMondo
02-12-2006, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Also...the Hispano Mark V's on the Tempest have a slightly lower muzzle velocity. I'm not sure if its modeled or not....but it is slower. For higher refire rate and shorter barrels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference is negligable, I really doubt the difference can be percieved. The RoF does seem to be the same as the MkII though.

Personally I don't think anything was changed, I think thier the MKII gun model and not a MkV.

Kocur_
02-12-2006, 03:18 AM
It might be just visual perception: since cannons in Tempest are located further sideways from planes longitudinal axis than in Spit, you observe them at different angle.

Xiolablu3
02-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Thx for your replies, I am not particularly saying that they are wrong, just that I didnt realise just how poor the speed was before. I dont seem to have a problem leading planes with a Spitfire 9, or hitting them with the cannon, but without the mg firing on a Tempest things just felt so much different.

I can see why the Germans left the small Mg's on the FW190 and 109, they are good to act as tracer, even though I understand the trajectory is different, I find it much easier to hit with the Spitfire 9 cannons if the machine gun is firing at the same time.

Who knows why this is, surely if they are different trajectories and I am using the MG as tracer, then my cannon in the Spitfire should miss, but they dont.

Its a strange world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif