PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Time Compression

Cess-SGTRoc
03-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Ok, here is what is going on, let me know if I need to change something please?

While in comp time mode I will get attacked by an aircraft or a warship, but by the time the crew or officer warns me and the system drops out of time warp the warship or plane is ontop of me and all but killing me.
Now if I go back and reload and go through the same thing again but at normal speed, my ship sees the warship or aircraft way before the attack.
Now how can I or we use the time compression if we are at a disadvantage because of it?

I have a
3.6 EE Intel
2 gig of 3200 ram
360 gig raid
audigy 2 sound card
ATI X800 PE XT video

Any help would be great becasue this is making me more nutz! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
This still is the greatest sub sim ever, but I do need some help on this one.
Or is anyone else having the same thing happen to them?

CaptainRadish
03-26-2005, 02:45 PM
If I understand the compression physics of the game correctly then yes, using compression gives an advantage tot he enemy.

I believe that instead of being precise on detection distances and the like, when you have the game compressed the AI estimates, so it can probably detect you further.

I believe this is showing how you should not use compression in dangerous situations. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cess-SGTRoc
03-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Yep I agree on using it in a attack or battle.
But that is not when I am using it.
It is on the long voyage times when you would and do not see anything for days at the normal speed.
But when you do get seen or attacked it is going to be hard to survive the attack.
If the time compression is for us to use on the long voyage part, as we do not have weeks or days to set and play, then I think that at least when you are seen or detected by the enemy we should be set to a time where neither one is at a disadvantage or to where we would have been just before either one of us saw the other.

That way no one would have the upper hand in the battle.
So like if I was going at the 1k+ speed and a warship saw me then the time would set to 1 and then set us back to maybe 30 seconds before we or they saw us. That way when the event did happen it would be just like we where using the normal time mode.

Timber...wolf
03-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Cess SgtROC I totally agree with you especially in second statement yeah man .. Ok what I do is keep the mouse on the pause thing at the time compression thing at bottom of time compression you can instantly pause game ok Now next thing is to watch your sub if it turns red .. and it may even before your crew even spots something . albiet not much before but when in hostile waters watch for sub to turn red with mouse pointer over the pause thing as soon as it turns red hit pause now make it time 1x jump to aa guns or crash dive of course ya prob wont even know depth under keel it is a bunch of bs to have to do this especially .. Im only in dam 1940 when Krauts supposedly had advantage . one last thing ya prob already know .. have maxed out dudes at bridge ..physicalll sighting . and sonar radio area so all thats as green as possible the green bar this may help to who knows though ..

HeibgesU999
03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Fix:

go into .cfg file in Owners Documemts

file currently reads

Enemy Detected= 8
Enemy Air Detected=8

Change both 8's to 1's, and it will drop to RT when any enemies are detected by you sensors.
There are other catagories you can change to 1 also. And if you think your computer is powerful enough you can raise max TC to x2048.

Cess-SGTRoc
03-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks, I will give these a try and see how it works for me.

NZ_Wanderer
03-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Real silly question, but do you think you could pinpoint the .cfg file concerned just a bit more please??
I wouldn't have a clue where/what "Owners Documents" is..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeibgesU999:
Fix:
go into .cfg file in Owners Documemts
file currently reads
Enemy Detected= 8
Enemy Air Detected=8
Change both 8's to 1's, and it will drop to RT when any enemies are detected by you sensors.
There are other catagories you can change to 1 also. And if you think your computer is powerful enough you can raise max TC to x2048. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

U81
03-27-2005, 12:43 AM
I think he means MAIN.CFG file in data/Cfg/ folder, I just changed my settings there with notepad to test it out

Traveler2004
03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
I changed the max accleration from 1024 to 2048 and not only does it speed up the rediculous transit times but the game actually seems soother at 2048 than 1024.

NZ_Wanderer
03-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks for that.. - I have actually got 2 main.cfg files.. - One in g:\simulations\sh3\data\cfg folder and the other in c:\documents and settings\myname\my documents\sh3\data\cfg - but as the one in C: has a later time/date stamp on it I presume that's the one to alter...
*start rant* It amazes me why games and application programmers just HAVE to stick stuff in C-Drive where I don't want it.. - why couldn't they just use the folder that I tell them I want the application or game installed on... *end rant*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by U81:
I think he means MAIN.CFG file in data/Cfg/ folder, I just changed my settings there with notepad to test it out <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>