PDA

View Full Version : Multiple targets with manual targetting

Pkunzipper
08-23-2005, 06:03 AM
One of the biggest problem I have with manual targetting is when I have to shot in few second at 2 or more moving targets...

If I approve a solution for target A on the TDC (the tick button on the notepad on periscope view), clear the notepad, insert a new solution for target B and lock the periscope again on target A, is the first solution reloaded or I have to calculate range and angle again?

Pkunzipper
08-23-2005, 06:03 AM
One of the biggest problem I have with manual targetting is when I have to shot in few second at 2 or more moving targets...

If I approve a solution for target A on the TDC (the tick button on the notepad on periscope view), clear the notepad, insert a new solution for target B and lock the periscope again on target A, is the first solution reloaded or I have to calculate range and angle again?

lecek
08-23-2005, 06:58 AM
If the targets have the same course and speed.

Clear the notepad.

Set AoB and speed manually and turn the TDC back to auto.

Now all you have to do is find range and update the TDC. The rest of your solution is set.

If you can approxiimate range, then you can set that manually for faster results.

You can also eliminate range on one target by setting the range for the other, and firing on the first when the gyro angle reads 000. (Assumes a close to 90 degrees of his course shot.) Then you can switch to the other target and the solution is already entered.

If you suspect your target is closer then the range entered in the TDC, you can adjust your shot by where you aim. For a target that is closer aim a few extra degrees to the outside. (No more then 4 and usually much less, gets worse as target gets farther from 000.)

If the target is farther then expected, aim a few degrees to the inside.

Both of the previous assume the range is somewhat close, don't bother if the range is set to 300 and the target is 1500. There are just too many veriables.