PDA

View Full Version : skins in online missions

jamesdeanoo7
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Ok I have a mission I want to post online so my friends and I can fly it together but...if we all have the skins we want and I check all types of aircraft available at home base does that mean we can fly any aircraft with any skin and it will be visible??? also do I have to check any other boxes? I read somewhere I had to check a box something like enable skin download or something similar. The project we are working on is to try a make a simple mission...post it online with a limited number of invited friends...use our own individual favorite planes and skins and film it...is this all possible ?? thanks Jim.

WTE_Galway
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
no idea ...

The best people to ask are teh guys over at the mission builder forum ...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/50910533

Aviar
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Both host and client needs to have 'Skin download' checked.

Aviar

jamesdeanoo7
07-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks but do the other guys all have to have each others skins preloaded? I have teamspeak downloaded now as you suggested. Also I notice that when I load some missions the aircraft are just solid lumps with no real form or graphics??

Aviar
07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks but do the other guys all have to have each others skins preloaded?

No. The skins will be downloaded with the mission. That's what 'Skin download' means...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aviar

jamesdeanoo7
07-16-2008, 06:16 PM
So the game has a way of downloading any files it needs from my own collection?...I told you I was a newb LOL I guess what I am trying to understand is how the game downloads files from my computor to other players. If this is possible then when they join any mission I post on hyperlobby and look at the aircraft and skins they will be able to choose from skins I have already saved in my skin folder. Am I right in thinking this?

Bearcat99
07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
If skins download is on in order for the other skins to show up on your pc & yours on theirs everyone's PC will have to DL everyone elses skin. They are stored in the skins cache folder..

jamesdeanoo7
07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks thats a great help.Jim

TX-EcoDragon
07-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, they will download as players select the skins on their aircraft - but it may take a little while to see all the skins. If you want instant skin visibility, you can distribute the skins to the players before filming so they can pre-load the skins into the net cache folder (don't change the names). That's not worth the trouble if it's only a few people or if you don't mind waiting a minute or three for them all to load.

jamesdeanoo7
07-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks that was what I thought, my idea was that if each person made or chose an individual skin for each plane we fly as we make missions they could send it to me and then I would save them and send everyone the complete collection to download into their own paintscheme folder. Is that correct, would that work? Also I am confused about the mission building, I have seen some great missions posted for downloading but I guess there are differences between say single player missions and coop missions. Are there alot of difference or could I just take one of those files , download it in the FMb, take out the aircraft but leave everything else then adjust it to be played as a coop mission for me and a few friends. Basically we are all new so rather than join existing missions we want to be able to practice together on easy missions and gradually add things to make it harder.Jim.