PDA

View Full Version : (Unofficial) Bomb Crafting Survey [Possible Spoilers?]

xcamthemandudex
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Disclaimer: I did search for a poll already discussing the new system, but I couldn't find one so if there is one please don't bite my head off. I am obviously not a part of Ubisoft, but a fellow gamer.

Letís be honest, we all have a favorite in this lovely new bomb crafting system. What is your favorite effect? What is your favorite shell? Does it kill or does it stun? Letís discuss it here.

Moreover, what is your favorite tactic when using them? Do you even use them? I think it would be nice to have a thread where people share their favorite uses and types.

xcamthemandudex
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Disclaimer: I did search for a poll already discussing the new system, but I couldn't find one so if there is one please don't bite my head off. I am obviously not a part of Ubisoft, but a fellow gamer.

Letís be honest, we all have a favorite in this lovely new bomb crafting system. What is your favorite effect? What is your favorite shell? Does it kill or does it stun? Letís discuss it here.

Moreover, what is your favorite tactic when using them? Do you even use them? I think it would be nice to have a thread where people share their favorite uses and types.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I honestly cant vote because i dont use them...

used them once to take out a guy in one of those huts because i cant stab him. but its easy to walk around the corner where the guy in the hut cant hit me nor can he follow me...

assassin recruits are more effective than bombs!!

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:38 PM
this poll has bugged me now...

why would anyone collect and craft a bomb when a simple LB click is more effective your recruits can perform any bomb task better

never thought about that before it makes no difference what type of bomb you craft your recruits remove the obstruction and its instant just like the impact bombs

master assassin removes den defense
assassin recruit removes bombs

this game has gone downhill...

xcamthemandudex
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:

why would anyone collect and craft a bomb when a simple LB click is more effective your recruits can perform any bomb task better

never thought about that before it makes no difference what type of bomb you craft your recruits remove the obstruction and its instant just like the impact bombs

this game has gone downhill... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bombs are useful for when you intend on saving your signals or when you don't feel like fighting.

sp33dd34m0n
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
lol I wanted to start a poll with the question who actually uses the dumb bombs.
I didnt even bother to craft or use bombs. Its so pointless and annoying. Ubi soft spent too much effort in adding useless nonsese what no1 needs instead of making a stable game with more story depth.

xcamthemandudex
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sp33dd34m0n:
lol I wanted to start a poll with the question who actually uses the dumb bombs.
I didnt even bother to craft or use bombs. Its so pointless and annoying. Ubi soft spent too much effort in adding useless nonsese what no1 needs instead of making a stable game with more story depth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Assassin's Creed series is one of the few games to come out that actually has a story line with depth.

Dagio12
11-22-2011, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:

Bombs are useful for when you intend on saving your signals or when you don't feel like fighting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or when you want to have some variety, or dont want to use recruits, or cant use recruits on certain missions, or you want to do a certain part on your own..... etc...

I think S_EVANS is just having a grumpy day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kriegerdesgottes
11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I was skeptical about building bombs at first but I like them more than I thought I would. I think the concept of finding ingredients around the world is a good idea and one that can be expanded on like find this flower or plant to make this bomb or to make this poison for your poison blade. Finding the ingredients in random treasure boxes is kind of dumb but I do like the freedom of choice you get when you decide what kind of bomb to make and carry. It's more fun than I thought it would be to throw a sticky bomb on a group of janissaries and watch them blow up a second later than I expected.

xcamthemandudex
11-22-2011, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I was skeptical about building bombs at first but I like them more than I thought I would. I think the concept of finding ingredients around the world is a good idea and one that can be expanded on like find this flower or plant to make this bomb or to make this poison for your poison blade. Finding the ingredients in random treasure boxes is kind of dumb but I do like the freedom of choice you get when you decide what kind of bomb to make and carry. It's more fun than I thought it would be to throw a sticky bomb on a group of janissaries and watch them blow up a second later than I expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The boxes are usually around things, like Lamb's Blood is usually around meat markets and stuff for stink bombs are usually around cauldrons.

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
I think S_EVANS is just having a grumpy day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

I never got chance to play ACR last night because my family hogged the TV so i had a few beers instead and read the forums...

IT was a mixture of grumpy mood and overthinking things...

I will vote on the pole based upon the bombs ive used the most to open the hiding holes

Dagio12
11-23-2011, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
I think S_EVANS is just having a grumpy day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

I never got chance to play ACR last night because my family hogged the TV so i had a few beers instead and read the forums...

IT was a mixture of grumpy mood and overthinking things...

I will vote on the pole based upon the bombs ive used the most to open the hiding holes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmm beers sound nice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

anyways, no worries, just giving you a hard time.. haha. whatever opinion you have on the bombs, just be glad the assassins worked hard to give you that right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.. I wont judge

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:

Bombs are useful for when you intend on saving your signals or when you don't feel like fighting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or when you want to have some variety, or dont want to use recruits, or cant use recruits on certain missions, or you want to do a certain part on your own..... etc...

I think it's possible that some people don't like to venture out into new territory.
I'm having a 'blast' with the bombs lol

No you don't have to use them, but those cherry bombs to divert guards away have come in really handy.
& I agree w/ the earlier comment that you don't always have recruits available to you - that happened in my last mission w/ the Janissaries.

I think they're fun and inventive since you're crafting them yourself.
It's just nice for variety & aiding you in missions. Practing with them alot does help too.

I do have to admit what I miss - I miss my trusty smoke bomb when I need to escape a horde of guards. You can't just quickly use one of these like you could in ACB, ACII.
Those would be helpful.

Shattered-One
11-23-2011, 04:17 AM
I honestly only used bombs when the 100% sync demanded it, other than that I found it a stupid addition and something that did not appeal to me in the slightest. So my favorite combinations are finding the parts and selling them so they might actually benefit me.

xcamthemandudex
11-24-2011, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shattered-One:
I honestly only used bombs when the 100% sync demanded it, other than that I found it a stupid addition and something that did not appeal to me in the slightest. So my favorite combinations are finding the parts and selling them so they might actually benefit me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's always a valid choice.

tjbyrum1
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I use them because you can.

It's a feature, and I payed 60 dollars for this game, so I am using every bit of the game I can!

The simple fact you can custom-make bombs in the game is interesting to say the least I think.

To make it seem more stealthy, I like using Trip-Wire+British+Shrapnel on missions. Makes me feel like a terrorist, but it's still pretty cool. Sort of like mines.

I think I want to make a bomb in real-life now. lol, jk. My sparkler bombs never work anyway,