PDA

View Full Version : Summary of Fawx's questions

Fawx_082484a
07-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Ok. To summarise......

Is the La7 a good starter plane?

Is rushing into fights a effective way to fly?

I need some skinning tips?!?!?!

Thank you all.

Fawx_082484a
07-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Ok. To summarise......

Is the La7 a good starter plane?

Is rushing into fights a effective way to fly?

I need some skinning tips?!?!?!

Thank you all.

Kocur_
07-18-2005, 09:48 AM
MHO is: dont fly La7 if you want ever to fly anything else later. Flying it is a great way NOT to learn anything. You ll never be forced to think much when flying it. You will outturn most of other planes with little loss of energy, sure will outrun anything and most probably outclimb too. If its going to be any useful in terms of learning, not only killing, you got to fly something challenging, i.e. plane witch is not to easy to fly and fight in it. A plane that will force you to be better pilot - or keep getting "killed". I'd say...P-40E or Yaks not later than 1943 or Bf-109F4. I would suggest avoiding: La-5FN, La-7, I-185, Ki-84. If you just wanna have some fun- fly them by all means! But if you want to get more skilled-dont.

rnzoli
07-18-2005, 11:16 AM
I respectfully disagree with previous post. If you're new to flightsims or online dogfights, starting with La-7 is a good idea. As a beginner, its turning abilities and speed will save you from other types of planes more than a few times. With it, you can rush to fight as well, just remember that your opponents may also fly this plane as well on fun-for-all maps.

However, when you get (too) confident in this plane, it it is time to move on and learn something more challenging, that requires a little bit more planning, tactics, communications etc. Then you can get on maps, which represent 1942 or 1943 planesets (where La-7 is not available).

Bearcat99
07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Fly what is easiest and most comfortable for you to fight and fly with ...... forget about what people think. You can always find a greater challenge later.... Who paid for this sim... You or those naysayers?

Rushing into any fight real or virtual is never a good way to go......

Skinning (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_skinnersguide.htm)