PDA

View Full Version : What add on's would you recomend

CaptainCox1
02-24-2007, 07:58 AM
1st post here so please don't slam me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So for some odd reason I started to play SH3 again ( i guess in waiting for SH4) Naaaa I sort a forgot how good the game was (played it when it came out etc). Now my question to you hardened "Graue Wölfe" is what add ons would you recommend me getting except the one I already have.

What I am running at the moment:

GWX
GWX-LiteHarbourTraffic
GWX-TA1.0_SoundPAck
GWX-IntegratedOrders
GWX-16kmAtmosphere
TorpedoDamageFinal
NLSs_Lights

and the SH3 Cmdr

Is there a mod for example that follows the year (even the month) with Radio News on the Gramophone (German preferably). I read the SH3 Cmdr can do that, but don't seem to work for some reason...maybe its the GWX-TA1.0_SoundPAck that fukes it up ?

Anyhow, would you guys recommend me a "must" have add on that I don't have...please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GoldenEagle8
02-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the Forums!

Well, thats about all you need, says I. That looks good to me. But that sound pack is new to me, what is it?

CaptainCox1
02-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Found it on "Carotio's Corner" http://carotio.awardspace.com/
It has A LOT! of Music and News broadcasts!!! thats why I tried it out, My thinking was if there is a mod that sort a plays the stuff as it happens in the game (by year or month even) as you always have to sort a skip through the gramophone songs manually, you know what I mean.

cnelsoniii
02-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Welcome Captain,
I would also suggest if you don't have it already is SH3Gen.
Happy Hunting.

Use the vertical!

CaptainCox1
02-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Cheers man...thats a good one! Got it directly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheRealPotoroo
02-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by GoldenEagle8:
But that sound pack is new to me, what is it?
It's from Coratio's GWX-TA mod. Basically he tweaks GWX so it's not ridiculously difficult. It's for people like me who like to play it as a game.

Carotio
02-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCox1:
GWX-TA1.0_SoundPAck
and the SH3 Cmdr

Is there a mod for example that follows the year (even the month) with Radio News on the Gramophone (German preferably). I read the SH3 Cmdr can do that, but don't seem to work for some reason...maybe its the GWX-TA1.0_SoundPAck that fukes it up ?

I don't think my soundpack "fukes" up anything, since it's just sound files (wav and ogg) and one cfg file (which restores the ingame music in battle situations).
Anyway, many, but not all, of the radio broadcasts were created by a guy called Church, who divided each radio file into its own folder, named by the date. Thus it would be possible to hear the files only at that particular date. However, that was for a previous version, and since I don't use SH3 Cdr myself, while playing, I haven't invested much time into it. I just converted all to ogg (instead of the buggy mp3s) and renamed them to have them all in the same music folder! Only problem: one has to push the skip track button quite often. But I can live with that! SH3 Cdr can shuffle the tracks too, AFAIR!

Carotio
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by TheRealPotoroo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoldenEagle8:
But that sound pack is new to me, what is it?
It's from Coratio's GWX-TA mod. Basically he tweaks GWX so it's not ridiculously difficult. It's for people like me who like to play it as a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So just curious then - do you use my tweak mod?

CaptainCox1
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
When I said "fuked" I did not mean that in a negative way. I think your sound mod is bloody GREAT!!! I been trying many different sound mods and yours have the most nr of "orig" radio broadcasts out there. Correct me if I am wrong. I think it was my set up that sort a "fuked" things up. Got it all running now. Thanks for the great job "Carotio". Mange tak!.

TheRealPotoroo
02-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Carotio:
So just curious then - do you use my tweak mod?
I plan on giving it a look. I didn't install GWX until the patch came out the other day, but generally speaking I dislike radical changes to the game interface and gameplay, so I'm not as gushing over it as some people.

I'd like to try GSX-TA with 1.02 asap, but it's too large for me to download as MediaFile doesn't allow doanload managers. Would you or anyone else have it available as a BitTorrent?

tuddley3
02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
GWX-TA is wonderful. I am Beta Testing the entire mod, and as most folks say WOW to GWX, multiply that Wow factor times two.

klcarroll
02-27-2007, 09:00 AM
@Carotio

Right now I use "SH3 Mini Tweaker" by Timetraveler.

Tell me about your Tweak Mod!!!!

ottoramsaig
02-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by tuddley3:
GWX-TA is wonderful. I am Beta Testing the entire mod, and as most folks say WOW to GWX, multiply that Wow factor times two. All right Tuddley....I have heard you rave about it so now I'm going to try! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Carotio
02-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by klcarroll:
@Carotio
Tell me about your Tweak Mod!!!!

Hmm... you may go to my site, look under GWX-TA, scroll down and read about some of my changes.
However, please notice my host is making some upgrade maintenance at the moment, so my site is quite slow now...

I have made a thread about it in the creatives section and if tuddley3 ain't posting screenshots, I will. I have made some, which may show the difference. I have just been a little too lazy to do it yet... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif or too occupied modding/playing!

Anyway, my GWX-TA1.0 was made to be used on top of GWX1.01 (=dec 23rd update patch). GWX1.02 is out now, and thus I have been forced to create an update patch too. It has been done, it's about 112mb big, and I'm just about to release it, but had some minor adjustments to do.

So when GWX-TA1.1 is out, the install should be this:
SH3 v1.4b
GWX
GWX1.02
GWX-TA1.0
GWX-TA1.1

and eventual optional GWX-TA mods!

Carotio
02-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I have now updated my thread with screenshots!
Some of them are from previous versions (when you see the original console), but otherwise you'll get the idea now, I hope!

Carotio
02-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by TheRealPotoroo:
I'd like to try GSX-TA with 1.02 asap, but it's too large for me to download as MediaFile doesn't allow doanload managers. Would you or anyone else have it available as a BitTorrent?

No can do as said in PM, but if you know another good host, I'll gladly upload there as well, maybe FileFront?

TheRealPotoroo
02-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Carotio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRealPotoroo:

No can do as said in PM, but if you know another good host, I'll gladly upload there as well, maybe FileFront? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FileFront has adopted the policy of the other download sites and no longer allows the use of download managers for non-paying users. I refuse to pay for basic internet functionality that has been around for twenty years. Without something like BitTorrent (yes, K61, I'm a convert) I'm dead in the water.

I got GWX and the patch via torrent. Someone simply creates a torrent file that details the file names to be searched for, hashes, etc, which is trivial. I would then use that file from my end to tell my torrent app what to look for and away it goes.

CaptainCox1
02-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Amen to that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif