PDA

View Full Version : Pentium 4 - Patch Problem

e2michaelb
02-25-2006, 05:39 PM
The notes for the 4.02,4.03 and 4.04 patches indicate that computers with Pentium 4 processors may suffer occasional lock-ups and crashes. The suggested correction is to execute the command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll". Just how does one execute that command? I am running Windows XP, Pentium 4 (2.60 GHz). Strictly speaking, I am like the race car driver that can't reset his ignition timing. I can drive, but I can't "fix" stuff, at least, not on computers.

e2michaelb
02-25-2006, 05:39 PM
The notes for the 4.02,4.03 and 4.04 patches indicate that computers with Pentium 4 processors may suffer occasional lock-ups and crashes. The suggested correction is to execute the command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll". Just how does one execute that command? I am running Windows XP, Pentium 4 (2.60 GHz). Strictly speaking, I am like the race car driver that can't reset his ignition timing. I can drive, but I can't "fix" stuff, at least, not on computers.

elphifou
02-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the note also says this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)</span>" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you know how to copy-paste, you can make it.

PS : I happen to still have the same issue after replacing that file. Have never complained about it but just in case that doesn't change anything on your PC, just know you won't be the only one...