PDA

View Full Version : Help requested for multiplay

Phill_227
06-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Very new to this online gaming so please forgive stupidity. Myself and a friend have tried to play as a team, we've set up a server and a game, however every time either of us try a game we get a error saying we must wait for a PING or the server is behind a firewall or NAT server, even if I turn both firewalls off. If anyone can translate and give guidance??

As a side question, what is a GMX or a patch???

Love the game and look forward to playing online.

Phill_227
06-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Very new to this online gaming so please forgive stupidity. Myself and a friend have tried to play as a team, we've set up a server and a game, however every time either of us try a game we get a error saying we must wait for a PING or the server is behind a firewall or NAT server, even if I turn both firewalls off. If anyone can translate and give guidance??

Love the game and look forward to playing online.

WilhelmSchulz.
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phill_227:

Love the game and look forward to playing online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you(or your frend) have a router if so it has a internal router. And a pacth is just what it sounds like. It patches problems in the game, GWX is a mod(mod= Modifacition) that if geared for players who want more realism. I dont advise you get GWX yet.

Aragorn87
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
if either of you has a router, you have to either open certian ports which i believe are on the community manual, or dmz it for the time you are playing, just dont forget to disable dmz after your done.

Phill_227
06-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the help, how do i change my ports??
I'm very very new to this!

Aragorn87
06-11-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.mysh3.info/shiii/index.php/Multiplayer

If you have a linksys router... enter the routers config, go to gaming and apps and port fowarding. Open those ports for the ip of the computer your using.