PDA

View Full Version : Oleg , Please introduce scalable joystick forces in the new patch

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I do own , like many others a Microsoft FF2 .
In WinXP forces can not be adjusted, they default to HIGH.
It is a well known issue.!!

Message Edited on 07/11/03 11:59AM by mik29

Message Edited on 07/11/0312:02PM by mik29

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I do own , like many others a Microsoft FF2 .
In WinXP forces can not be adjusted, they default to HIGH.
It is a well known issue.!!

Message Edited on 07/11/03 11:59AM by mik29

Message Edited on 07/11/0312:02PM by mik29

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 01:10 PM
I thought you meant something else, but my interpretation is interesting too (to me, anyway.)

I'd like to be able to edit how much I want the force feedback from airflow forces to be editable depending on deflection/force.

I now have a Logitech Wingman FF, and previously had a MSFF, and both have the same problem near centre in a well trimmed aircraft. Small, very small, adjustments can be made without any force feedback generated (a kind of dead-zone for forces, I guess.) When the stick is moved slightly out of that zone, the force is strong enough to kick the stick over, through the zone and out in the other end for an opposite force. The stick can in fact get into resonance. Planes don't behave that way, and it ironically makes it difficult to fly straight and level when well trimmed. If the forces near center could be toned down, I think this problem could be eliminated, or at least reduced.
_
/Bjorn.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Yes. I have same Joy. It is very needed. I reported it many times and asked 1C for this.

I found utility from Direct X SDK for tweeking ffb files but it does not work for force to center which is very high and make flying not comfortable (also Joy went out sooner...)

3 International Avia Polk
***** 3.IAP_CHARLIE *****