PDA

View Full Version : Great dvd title!

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Just picked up a great dvd from a mate, called "War in the air 1940-1945.

It's a documentery made during the war (black an white) and is a total propaganda flick.

But it's redeeming feature it has loads of gun camera footage from dog fights to groung atack to daylight bombing. Lots of great stuff! Though a word of warning, no allied fighters are on the gun cameras just loads of 109s and 190s getting blown apart.

Pretty amazing just how real Il2 looks right down to tracer contrails and cannon impacts.

The documentry bit is a laugh right down to the "Vicious 109s an their 22mm cannon"lol.

But a worthy buy just for the gun camera stuff.

"Do unto others before they do unto you"

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Just picked up a great dvd from a mate, called "War in the air 1940-1945.

It's a documentery made during the war (black an white) and is a total propaganda flick.

But it's redeeming feature it has loads of gun camera footage from dog fights to groung atack to daylight bombing. Lots of great stuff! Though a word of warning, no allied fighters are on the gun cameras just loads of 109s and 190s getting blown apart.

Pretty amazing just how real Il2 looks right down to tracer contrails and cannon impacts.

The documentry bit is a laugh right down to the "Vicious 109s an their 22mm cannon"lol.

But a worthy buy just for the gun camera stuff.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Sounds good, might I ask where you got it? Im in need of a new war movie /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.military.ie/images/irlflag.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 08:04 PM
My mate picked it up from an Aussie store called "Chicken feed" for 10 bucks, won't help you much if you don't live in Aus!

The title is "War in the air 1940-1945" and as far as I can see the only other distingishing feature is that it is produced by "Payless Entertainment".
Also I know there is a whole series of these wartime docos produced by Payless.
You might be able to find something on the net.

My missus bought me "The War in Russia" which is part of the same series. Unfortunatly this one was very average apart from some footage of T34's crushing roadblocks at high speed.

I hope I have been some help!

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:13 PM
Irish;
found it on eBay. Here's the direct (but rather long) link.

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=War+in+the+Air+1940-1945&query2=War+in+the+Air+1940-1945&search_option=1&exclude=&category0=11232&ebaytag1=ebayctry&ebaytag1code=0&ebaycurr=999&minPrice=&maxPrice=&SortProperty=MetaEn

<center>***BRING OUR PILOTS HOME!***
<center>***Support the 'Escape' patch***

<center>http://www.ghosts.com/images/05.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:33 PM
ok so this guy buys it for 10 bucks now hes trying to get at least 12 on e-bay lol

:I get shot down so the enemy wont know that I am an ace.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:32 AM
He said:

"The documentry bit is a laugh right down to the "Vicious 109s an their 22mm cannon"lol."

So what makes you think that the cannons on 109s were not 'vicious'? This game?

Also:

" Though a word of warning, no allied fighters are on the gun cameras just loads of 109s and 190s getting blown apart."

I think it would extremely odd for a film made during WWII to show planes from BOTH sides being shot down. People seem to forget that WWII was a war--not a video game or sporting event.