PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find DVD

magnus80a
10-04-2005, 04:07 AM
I also get the "Original disc cannot be found or authenticated"-message. Nowhere on the box does it say that it won't run on a DVD+RW drive. I've sent an email to the support, but I doubt that they can do anything. This seems to be a clear case of "copy protection frenzy". I'll probably just return my copy for a refund and invest the money in Aura and Voyage instead.

Heimdall_G
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
On the Standard Edition slip case, for example (on the back at the bottom under SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS and in a yellow-highlighted area), it says:

"Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives."

magnus80a
10-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Nope, I checked again. And even if it did say "Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives." My DVD+RW isn't a DVD-RW nor a virtual drive.

Heimdall_G
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
It's best not to be overly literal. "DVD-RW" is the generic and generally-accepted term for any DVD burner. Including DVD-RW, DVD+RW, etc.

Which version of EoA do you have - Limited Edition, maybe? Purchased in the USA or from a European outlet?

magnus80a
10-05-2005, 12:59 AM
I got the regular (DVD-case only) European release.

magnus80a
10-06-2005, 04:02 AM
I've returned the game for a refund and bought Aura and Voyage instead. I'll pick up End of Ages when the budget release it out (can't remember the budget release of Revelation having any copy protection) or when I get a new computer. Until then I hope you all fix your problems. I'm going to go and enjoy Aura now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif