PDA

View Full Version : Question about the apple and alternate ending (spoilers)

freddie_1897
12-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Was the apple keeping Altair alive?
Because if it was then it wouldve been epic if ezio Went in the library and found Altair STILL ALIVE, waiting for someone to go through the door?
Do you think this would've been good?

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I`d hate to see a 380 year old Altair..
No, I like the closure..
Altair is badass, not Immortal..

freddie_1897
12-02-2011, 02:16 PM
He could use the apple to make him young again!

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
Woah Woah, hold on their Cowboy, this isnt a dragonball, The Apple is powerful but it doesnt work like that, I mean Altair had it for almost 70 years and yet he still aged..

LightRey
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freddie_1897:
Woah Woah, hold on their Cowboy, this isnt a dragonball, The Apple is powerful but it doesnt work like that, I mean Altair had it for almost 70 years and yet he still aged.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention that even TWCB weren't able to stay alive forever (though they strongly suggested they could extend their lives). That means that no PoE had the means to do so either.

Oh, and Ezio didn't have an apple anymore. He locked his own away and he left Alta´r's in Masyaf.

freddie_1897
12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't care what you think! I want Altair back old or young, maybe he could just be there to tell him something. They said that what was in the library would change the balance of the war. I think a fricken 300 year old Altair would change the balance of the war.

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't care what you think! I want Altair back old or young, maybe he could just be there to tell him something. They said that what was in the library would change the balance of the war. I think a fricken 300 year old Altair would change the balance of the war.
Oh so your like that ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Pity.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

freddie_1897
12-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Don't worry I was being sarcastic, you made a good point, I was just wondering what you thought! Sorry if I came across stubborn.

LightRey
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
He won't. Ubisoft already said that they were done with both Ezio and Alta´r after ACR.

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't worry I was being sarcastic, you made a good point, I was just wondering what you thought! Sorry if I came across stubborn.
You didnt come across as stubborn; you came across as childish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Any ways, thanks for clearing things up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xenoxin
12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
But 92 was quiet old in that time, so who knows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

YHHTQ
12-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Xenoxin:
But 92 was quiet old in that time, so who knows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Was he even 92 or was he older? I mean, Alta´r looks pretty much the same but Darim on the other hand aged like 15 to 20 years for no reason, from one sequence to the other, despite the fact that the mongols are still coming. Weird.

LightRey
12-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xenoxin:
Was he even 92 or was he older? I mean, Alta´r looks pretty much the same but Darim on the other hand aged like 15 to 20 years for no reason, from one sequence to the other, despite the fact that the mongols are still coming. Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He was 92.

YHHTQ
12-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xenoxin:
Was he even 92 or was he older? I mean, Alta´r looks pretty much the same but Darim on the other hand aged like 15 to 20 years for no reason, from one sequence to the other, despite the fact that the mongols are still coming. Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He was 92. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I REALISE that. Thus WHY I mentioned the mongols, as in, they were still coming after Nicolo and his brother left. I just don't understand how Darim AGED that much between sequence five and six, that's all.

EDIT:

Rethorical question is rethorical... Or not.

Bipolar Matt
12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Umm...even if the apple could keep him alive, the poor guy would have been trapped for 250+ years in a vault, alone, all by himself. He would have probably killed himself after a few years out of the insanity that isolation would have wrought.

LightRey
12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I REALISE that. Thus WHY I mentioned the mongols, as in, they were still coming after Nicolo and his brother left. I just don't understand how Darim AGED that much between sequence five and six, that's all.

EDIT:

Well obviously it was a mistake.

YHHTQ
12-02-2011, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

EDIT:

Well obviously it was a mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Glad you're here to let us know that, as a Ubisoft PR I mean.

EDIT:

Kidding BTW. =P

Mr_Stunner
12-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I was disappointed that a apple of eden was in the library... Ezio left it there. So the great artifact that could change the war was worthless...

LightRey
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Mister_Stunner:
I was disappointed that a apple of eden was in the library... Ezio left it there. So the great artifact that could change the war was worthless...
The Grand Temple and whatever it holds is what could change the war. Alta´r's Library held the information about it. The apple couldn't possibly change the war. It's the information it held that was important.

freddie_1897
12-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Ok, my main reason for thinking that Altair should have still been alive is this: waiting in a library for 300 years would have been difficult and probably caused him to be insane. HOWEVER, do not forget that when Altair was banished from the assassins, he used the apple to come up with the ideas for the dual blades and the gun, my thinking is that he could have used the apple to find out something incredibly important, or design something or whatever. Whatever it was he used the apple for could have been THE THING THAT CHANGED THE BALANCE OF THE WAR. I thought that this would have been better than ANOTHER apple of eden.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Ok, my main reason for thinking that Altair should have still been alive is this: waiting in a library for 300 years would have been difficult and probably caused him to be insane. HOWEVER, do not forget that when Altair was banished from the assassins, he used the apple to come up with the ideas for the dual blades and the gun, my thinking is that he could have used the apple to find out something incredibly important, or design something or whatever. Whatever it was he used the apple for could have been THE THING THAT CHANGED THE BALANCE OF THE WAR. I thought that this would have been better than ANOTHER apple of eden.
But it wasn't about the apple. Ezio didn't even touch it. It was about Jupiter's message.

ace3001
12-03-2011, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freddie_1897:
But it wasn't about the apple. Ezio didn't even touch it. It was about Jupiter's message. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There's something here that I'm hoping someone could explain to me. In AC2 and ACB, the presence of TWCB was clearly defined. Minerva's hologram was in the vault in the Vatican, and Juno's hologram was in the Colloseum. But where did Jupiter's hologram come from? Altair's Apple? But that seems in a way not possible because he didn't talk through Ezio like Minerva did but talked directly to Desmond. I don't get it. o.O

LightRey
12-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
But it wasn't about the apple. Ezio didn't even touch it. It was about Jupiter's message. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There's something here that I'm hoping someone could explain to me. In AC2 and ACB, the presence of TWCB was clearly defined. Minerva's hologram was in the vault in the Vatican, and Juno's hologram was in the Colloseum. But where did Jupiter's hologram come from? Altair's Apple? But that seems in a way not possible because he didn't talk through Ezio like Minerva did but talked directly to Desmond. I don't get it. o.O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was a "nexus of time". It's a little vague and I'm not entirely sure how it worked either, but it certainly involved the apple.

ace3001
12-03-2011, 05:14 AM

It was a "nexus of time". It's a little vague and I'm not entirely sure how it worked either, but it certainly involved the apple. It sure is vague. And it probably will never be explained, either...

n3krO1191
12-03-2011, 05:45 AM
He won't. Ubisoft already said that they were done with both Ezio and Alta´r after ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what makes me sad the most... Altair had 3 games dedicated to him, Altair had just 1 game... i just fell too much ezio and not enough altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i'm reading the secret crusade and i don't really understand why ubisoft decided to not do another game for altair or include more missions in revelations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
But it wasn't about the apple. Ezio didn't even touch it. It was about Jupiter's message. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There's something here that I'm hoping someone could explain to me. In AC2 and ACB, the presence of TWCB was clearly defined. Minerva's hologram was in the vault in the Vatican, and Juno's hologram was in the Colloseum. But where did Jupiter's hologram come from? Altair's Apple? But that seems in a way not possible because he didn't talk through Ezio like Minerva did but talked directly to Desmond. I don't get it. o.O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really believe they are in the vatican or in the colusseum, i think that there are something that makes them appear, in ac2 it's the opening of the temple, in acB is desmond activating the lift to the temple, in acR it's more likely to be desmond finding the nexus that made juno appear in the animus since desmond was in the animus what that happaned, meaning that TWCB are also capable to get into the animus, maybe there will be any interaction with them inside the animus in Ac3, things that the crew can't know. I'm sure none saw jupiter talking to desmond inside the animus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

freddie_1897
12-03-2011, 05:58 AM
You mean ezio had 3 games not Altair

LightRey
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Alta´r had 4 games dedicated to him.