PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Ki 43 I

mike_espo
11-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Anybody else fly this bird? As I fly mostly axis aircraft I was waiting for PF to fly this one. Is it pretty realistic? Combat flaps? It is supposed to be able to outclimb and outturn the zero, but somewhat slower.

any thoughts? Im waiting for the patch before buying PF.

thanks

TheGozr
11-05-2004, 08:36 AM
any thoughts? Im waiting for the patch before buying PF.

Just go and buy it.. why wait

xanty
11-05-2004, 09:01 AM
I like it very much. It is compact, a bit less power, but less heavy. IMO it feels right, maybe needs to turn even better (in combat with AI p-39/40s or wildcats, it doesn't turn that superlative. AFAIR, after the "nate", it was the best turning fighter of the war). Lacks the heavier mortal punch of any Zeke, but can do it's own damage, if u pin-point every hit.

I believ the Zero is gonna become faster on patch, not sure if the Ki-43 will be affected.

Can't wait for the Ki-43 II series. Although their skin SUCKs big time...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ucanfly
11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
I agree that I expected it to turn far better against all P-40s. Maybe the Hawk 87s are overmodelled (AI) in turn or Oscar is undermodelled in turn or I suck.

mike_espo
11-05-2004, 09:15 AM
The Ki 43 should kill a p40 in a turnfight. No contest at all....

ucanfly
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
I agree the KI-43 turns better than a P-40. I was just surprised that it wasn't the tie fighter I was expecting. I try to get to the point of going 1v4 ACE AI just to eliminate lucky hits. The AI seems to have been improved in the sniper category BTW and instantaneous turn rate of rate of AI P-40 is pretty darn good.

actionhank1786
11-05-2004, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_espo:
The Ki 43 should kill a p40 in a turnfight. No contest at all.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike why wait?
You can just get the game now.
Regardless of what you may have read on the boards, it's still an excellent game!
I'm having problems with my computer (we had 512mb of RAM, now both 256 sticks died, and we're stuck with the 128 stick...so the game can become unplayable if anyone even looks at my plane wrong, and I still love this game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I can't wait for my new computer

Tater-SW-
11-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I really like the oscar. The telescope sight makes some of it's maneuverability less useful than it is for AI planes since I find myself setting up shots moe than I would with a reflector sight. Fun to fly.

tater

Daiichidoku
11-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Oscars a joy to fly....i usually use the Ia version

as long as I check 6, I easily pick on whereever I want on an enemy ac...ailerons, engine or especially cockpit

Seems right to me...can outturn everything, and climbs like a Jug dives, hehe

The II version is nice, but Id prefer the III version, with 2x 20mm cannon...with its surgical ability, it would surely increase PKs from this bird...

WUAF_Badsight
11-05-2004, 12:20 PM
the Hayabusa is nuts

crazy plane

Atomic_Marten
11-05-2004, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
the Hayabusa is nuts

crazy plane <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why that plane should(?) be my prime ride once I get myself a copy of PF.

hobnail
11-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Look up "turn and burn" and there'll be a picture of this aircraft.

It can do both better than most any other plane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Giganoni
11-05-2004, 04:00 PM
I don't think the folwer flap is implemented yet, according to Gibbage at least. Hopefully it will be patched soon. It has lower wing loading than the Zero supposedly, it is smaller. I notice that it doesn't lock up as bad in higher speed turns as the zero which is good. It can also take a few glancing shots just incase you get someone on your tail. The rear view isn't the best I feel but I do like the sight. It makes burning those inline engines of the P39 and p400 a lot easier.

Except when I get to wildcats I find it hard to bring em down, guess I'm just not a good enough shot. I hope the Ki-43II becomes flyable, I notice that the game doesn't mention that the Ki-43 II added pilot armor and self sealing fuel tanks. Hope its implemented.

Tater-SW-
11-05-2004, 04:25 PM
I flew the oscar a lot in WB, you had to get them dumb enough to blow their E, then saddle up. They have a friend shoot you off, or they die. You need to get a partial deflection shot, and shoot the cockpit for best results, heheh.

tater

Bula
11-05-2004, 07:52 PM
I've been flying the Ic a lot offline and online wherever it is offered. Haven't had any problems taking on P40s offline: they can't turn with it. One-on-one against any P40 set at 'ace' level has been no sweat. Six-on-six, with all a/c at 'ace' has produced mixed results: sometimes my entire flight group gets shot down without downing a single P40, sometimes everyone gets shot down, and sometimes one P40 is left. My guess is that I'm the one at fault, since the AI behavior shouldn't vary that much.

Flying against a Buffalo set at 'ace' has been frustrating: the AI pilot can never line up a shot (all you have to do is lower flaps and turn, and the Buffalo will blow right by you), but I usually can't down down him, either, unless I kill the pilot. I've unloaded all my ammo, with hit percentages around 25%, and failed to do enough damage to bring that bird down.

Haven't tried taking on an 'ace' level F4F yet.

Online, I've brought down Seafires and an F6F. In all cases, the other pilots slowed down to engage me. Usually, though, I'll be downed by a fast moving bird that hits my fuel tank: just one bullet in the right place, and the Ic lights up like a Christmas tree.

geetarman
11-06-2004, 07:19 AM
I gotta give credit to to the Japanese Army Air Force pilots who flew it and scored heavily in it.

It can run rings around anything but can't catch a TB-3! You have to hover around a dogfight and pounce in when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise the later US planes just outstrip you by a wide margin.