PDA

View Full Version : an idea to improve awesomely bob with trackir

raaaid
07-19-2006, 09:19 AM
you are on gunsight view or real size

if you close your head to the monitor youll see the enemy plane bigger if you farther it away it shrinks

my suggestion is that bob via trackir expands or shrinks the images to fit head distance to monitor and make everithing real size

in other words via trackir increase or decrease the angle of view when distance to monitor decreases or increases

boy would it be cool and realistic i hope you guys support me so we get it for bob

raaaid
07-19-2006, 09:19 AM
you are on gunsight view or real size

if you close your head to the monitor youll see the enemy plane bigger if you farther it away it shrinks

my suggestion is that bob via trackir expands or shrinks the images to fit head distance to monitor and make everithing real size

in other words via trackir increase or decrease the angle of view when distance to monitor decreases or increases

boy would it be cool and realistic i hope you guys support me so we get it for bob

raaaid
07-19-2006, 09:36 AM
it would not only add realism because of the real size feeling but also inmersion because it would be like if you looked through a window instead of a dead screen, the closer the more angle of view

russ.nl
07-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I think that will be the next genation of track IR. Thought about that also and it is the logical next thing.

triad773
07-19-2006, 09:56 AM
My understanding is if you have MS FS 2004 you have 6DOF and can do goofy things like look closer at instruments, peer out of windows or through them (unrealistically)now with TIR 4. I hadn't tried that because I uninstalled MSFS 2004 before I got TrackIR.

I'd think it would be great to have 6DOF AND clickable cockpit; but I think I read somewhere where Oleg said Niet' on the clickable.

DuxCorvan
07-19-2006, 09:56 AM
The apparent change of size and angle of an object more than 100 m. away by forwarding your head 20 cm., is minimal. Unnoticeable.

6-axis view will be great inside the cockpit, tho, for we will be able to lean and peek around inner objects, having the same visibility a real pilot would have.

raaaid
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
i think is more a matter of software than of hardware

if oleg wanted he could even patch il2 series to achieve this

you just would have to program il2 to increase angle of view as distance decreases what 6dof detects perfectly

what i dont know is how easy would be increase angle of view smoothly because this game just has 3 fixed angles of view, or not im not sure

raaaid
07-19-2006, 10:05 AM
no dux you dont get my point

im at 20 cm of the screen and i look at a plane at 100 m i see it real size

but if i move my head so im 40 cm away from the screen ill see that plane half size than before

to solve this you just have to program il2 to increase the angle of view as distance from the monitor is decreased in such way that youll alway see objects real size

so i see a plane at 100 m and i double distance from screen then double size of plane(double angle of view) so ill always see planes real size however distance to screen

with the advantage of having the feeling of looking through a window not a screen as angle of view increases as you close by

raaaid
07-19-2006, 12:28 PM
this idea will also solve a problem with 6dof

lets take the moon size

youll see it real size only at a fixed distance of 20 cm of the screen, but with 6dof youll be moving your head back and forward so the moon wont be real size any more

is there a way to send this idea to maddox or do you think is enough to publish it here?

triggerhappyfin
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Triggerhappyfin/glos.jpg

HOW ABOUT GLASSES?