PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever seen this move ?

HARD_Sarge
01-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Gang
seen a move by the AI today that I have never seen before, in fact afterward, been sitting here trying to figured out how it even came close to doing it

I was in a FW 190 A9, with 30mm wing guns, that were out of ammo, the campaign had me going after a very large raid of B-17's, with a follow up group of US fighters

burned out my big guns on the bombers and broke for the deck and home, when I ran into a number of P-38 Js

after some fights, I chased and caught 2 38's low to the ground headed home

got hits on the wingman, see strikes on the right engine and then on the cockpit, so broke off and was able to roll into the leader

started to fire, seen strikes on the right engine again, the leader started to roll and pulled his nose up, I am skidding by now, trying to follow his move, see him roll onto his back and start his pull down, thinking, no way, I am too low for a Split S, and am skidding too much, so roll away and pull up, as I pass the 38, I can see it is going down into a Split S, we were at 1600 Ft, try to get my plane under control and nose up so I can watch, hit the outside padlock, and this 38 is on my tail

I mean this plane was at least half of the way though the Split, so his nose was pointed at the ground and he is headed in away from me ?

I could see him/it counter his roll and then pulling his nose up, but in that kind of distance ? (I mean, he would of had a shot at me, but couldn't hold his nose up long enough and I had enough speed to get out of range, but when I seen him on my tail, he was .35-.40 away from me, but damaged and what ever move he made, was too slow)

was impressed, came back in, got hits on his left engine, and he started his rolls again, and see that he went into a barrel roll this time, instead of the Split

overall a very good fight, took me 15 minutes to finish him, and that was with 2 smoking engines

hate to say it, but when he finally bailed, he was too low and his chute never opened all the way

any ideas on what he/it was doing or was it just a case of flying a different FM then I was

HARD_Sarge

HARD_Sarge
01-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Gang
seen a move by the AI today that I have never seen before, in fact afterward, been sitting here trying to figured out how it even came close to doing it

I was in a FW 190 A9, with 30mm wing guns, that were out of ammo, the campaign had me going after a very large raid of B-17's, with a follow up group of US fighters

burned out my big guns on the bombers and broke for the deck and home, when I ran into a number of P-38 Js

after some fights, I chased and caught 2 38's low to the ground headed home

got hits on the wingman, see strikes on the right engine and then on the cockpit, so broke off and was able to roll into the leader

started to fire, seen strikes on the right engine again, the leader started to roll and pulled his nose up, I am skidding by now, trying to follow his move, see him roll onto his back and start his pull down, thinking, no way, I am too low for a Split S, and am skidding too much, so roll away and pull up, as I pass the 38, I can see it is going down into a Split S, we were at 1600 Ft, try to get my plane under control and nose up so I can watch, hit the outside padlock, and this 38 is on my tail

I mean this plane was at least half of the way though the Split, so his nose was pointed at the ground and he is headed in away from me ?

I could see him/it counter his roll and then pulling his nose up, but in that kind of distance ? (I mean, he would of had a shot at me, but couldn't hold his nose up long enough and I had enough speed to get out of range, but when I seen him on my tail, he was .35-.40 away from me, but damaged and what ever move he made, was too slow)

was impressed, came back in, got hits on his left engine, and he started his rolls again, and see that he went into a barrel roll this time, instead of the Split

overall a very good fight, took me 15 minutes to finish him, and that was with 2 smoking engines

hate to say it, but when he finally bailed, he was too low and his chute never opened all the way

any ideas on what he/it was doing or was it just a case of flying a different FM then I was

HARD_Sarge

BlitzPig_DDT
01-13-2005, 08:51 PM
The AI cheats.

What's kinda funny though is to see people play both sides. When you can't beat an opponent you should be able to using proper tactics, the answer is "AI cheats". But when you talk about success, the answer is "It's AI, it doesn't mean squat". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif lol