PDA

View Full Version : Question About The Level Reset

GAOStarr
01-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was wondering what's up with the online levels? When joining a multiplayer match (like Wanted, for example), you used to be able to see everyone's level to the left of their name. After a while, all of the levels turned into zeros, but only for the ranked matches, not player matches. I just thought this was so that you couldn't see your opponents' levels during a ranked match. But now the zeros have been replaced with numbers. What do these new numbers mean? I'm still a level 50, but whenever I play a ranked, player, or private match, it says I'm a level 1. The highest number I've seen anyone else have is a 10. What do these numbers now represent? Thanks for any clarification.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Ummmm...

I don't see this, and never have.

You on the 1.04 patch?

Might mean they've added the "Templar Score" thing to it, or made it start working right.

We're still waiting on an explanation of what's going on with the patch, because it's only been released in US, and not to everyone, from the sounds of things.

tastemyfreedom
01-06-2011, 02:11 AM
I see these numbers also. I think people have surmised it sort of ranks you, at least in the group of players you're playing with. It very well may be the start of the Templar scoring system. Who knows?

By the way, I'm pretty sure we've played together before. Always good games between us. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Oblivion all NZ players I know dont seem to have these problems. Maybe the region lock has something to do with it, I dont have this problem either. I also hear other players saying their profiles keep screwing up

GAOStarr
01-06-2011, 02:15 AM
I believe I'm on the 1.04 patch. I'm 98% sure I had to do an update to 1.04. I've been playing the game since it came out, and everyone's level used to be to the left of their name while people are picking their personas and profile sets. One night, I cut it on and all of the levels have been replaced with zeros, but only in ranked matches and only for about two-three weeks. Then, a couple of nights ago, I turn cut it on again and instead of zeros, people have numbers that I can't make sense of. The numbers range between 1-10. I always have a 1 next to my name (where my level used to be) and some other people even have a 1 next to their name. Then there might be someone with a 2 and a 3, and two other people both have 4s. The highest number I've ever seen is a 10, but I'm always a 1 and I don't know what it means. What is the "Templar Score?" I may be slow, but I haven't heard anything about that before.

GAOStarr
01-06-2011, 02:21 AM
My profiles have screwed up once. I went to play one day (a few weeks ago) and all of my profiles were completely blank, as if I've never touched them. I still had all of the abilities I've earned, but I had to go back in and rename/reassign everything from scratch as if I'd never created any profiles. From then on, I've made sure I have my profiles written down somewhere. I just took a picture of the numbers, I'll upload it in a second. And tastemyfreedom, you're right. I usually cringe when I see you've entered the match because you're such harsh competition. I can't ever relax when I'm in a room with you. Haha, but they have all been incredibly fun matches.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Oblivion all NZ players I know dont seem to have these problems. Maybe the region lock has something to do with it, I dont have this problem either. I also hear other players saying their profiles keep screwing up
All the UK and EU players I've met are also without the problems the new patch caused, as well as a handful of the US players I've seen who managed to not get the patch.

It's not a region lock - it's patch incompatibility - if you've got the patch, and the numbers are from 0 - 10, the only explanation I can think of is that it's the patch and those numbers are Templar Score.

I look forward to getting news from Ubi - eventually...

EDIT: Nobody really knows what Templar Score is - it's a new addition that's meant to be coming with the new patch and is supposed to help sort players by their skill, rather than their level. But like I said, they haven't made it clear how it's going to work (or how it does work, if we're right guessing it's already there)

GAOStarr
01-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Okay, my computer's being difficult, but this should be a picture of what I'm talking about. I took this picture right after choosing my character, as you can see, everyone is currently ranked first place because the match hasn't started yet. http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/GAOStarr/01060419.jpg
Alright, thank you guys for helping me figure that out, not knowing what that was, was driving me crazy. Back to the game. ^_^