PDA

View Full Version : teh "war is bad" thread, or, "how to catch the crap and keep it in one place"

Daiichidoku
12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
so that you guys can stay out of the Mossie vs B17, rant here instead

X was a murdering bastage

no, Y was a murdering bastage

no, YUO is!!11!!one11!!!

discuss

psykopatsak
12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
X clearly is the superior because of the fule vaoir fumes coming in via the wing ventilation detonating the ammo box because of a chemical reaction with the ammo box's armour and the methane by the pilot farting thus caousing a single .30 cal to detonate the enitre notrthen hemisphere. check out you tube and goole if you do not believe me.

blairgowrie
12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Not sure this is the best thread I have seen opened lately Daiichidoku. I'll let it run for now but don't be surprised if another Moderator locks it. Looks a bit like spam or troll and I think I know you better than that.

AndyJWest
12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, of course we mustn't let a thread drift off the original topic, must we...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Skoshi Tiger
12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
No! You've all got it completely wrong! You just don't understand!

Daiichidoku
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by blairgowrie:
Not sure this is the best thread I have seen opened lately Daiichidoku. I'll let it run for now but don't be surprised if another Moderator locks it. Looks a bit like spam or troll and I think I know you better than that.

its not, nor meant to be the best, sir

frustrated by the derailing of mossie vs b17s and do not wish to see it inevitably get locked over nonsense prevailing there now, best for it to come over here to be locked

AndyJWest
12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blairgowrie:

frustrated by the derailing of mossie vs b17s and do not wish to see it inevitably get locked over nonsense prevailing there now, best for it to come over here to be locked </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you really think that discussing the morality of area bombing is 'nonsense'? Or discussing whether the Nazis have particular responsibility for what happened in WWII?

If you want to start a topic where ethical and political considerations are unlikely to intrude, don't pick one involving bombers. Endless debates about meaningless technical minutiae may appeal to some, but the reality of war tends to get forgotten in them.

If anything, it is the '.50 cal' topics that are nonsensical, or at least insignificant if taken at face value.

Kettenhunde
12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
the reality of war tends to get forgotten in them.

Have you experienced that reality and read about it in any papers???

stalkervision
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
war is bad...

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/614/614_image_20.jpg

AndyJWest
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Kettenhunde:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the reality of war tends to get forgotten in them.

Have you experienced that reality and read about it in any papers??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, and yes.

Waldo.Pepper
12-09-2009, 12:22 AM
best for it to come over here to be locked

So this thread is supposed to be like a sacrificial anode on a ship. Creative, but sadly I don't think a forum (least not this one) works like that.

T_O_A_D
12-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Derailed, Closed

Originally posted by AndyJWest:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blairgowrie:

frustrated by the derailing of mossie vs b17s and do not wish to see it inevitably get locked over nonsense prevailing there now, best for it to come over here to be locked </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you really think that discussing the morality of area bombing is 'nonsense'? Or discussing whether the Nazis have particular responsibility for what happened in WWII?

If you want to start a topic where ethical and political considerations are unlikely to intrude, don't pick one involving bombers. Endless debates about meaningless technical minutiae may appeal to some, but the reality of war tends to get forgotten in them.

If anything, it is the '.50 cal' topics that are nonsensical, or at least insignificant if taken at face value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>