PDA

View Full Version : Who likes coop missions?

VF2_Sarge
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Any independent pilots out there looking for a squad? Come to our site and see if we are what you€re looking for, or you could drop me a PM.

slo_1_2_3
05-31-2006, 03:26 PM
I like co-ops in fact its the only way I fly online now but I'm a lone pilot I'm not a squad kinda guy

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah man I play coops all the time. I'm a member of a clan already so I cant join your squad but I'd love to join you guys for some games. Do you guys play the standalone version of PF? You can usually catch me on www.hsdwg.com (http://www.hsdwg.com) or on our ventrillo channel which the connect info for is on the main page of the site (somewhere on the left or right). I can bring a friend sometimes (depends on the time).

ytareh
06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Excuse the noobish question but what exactly is a coop mission?Is everyone on the one side?Is it mostly ground attack?

slipBall
06-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Leadership is needed, and pilots need to be led. Coop by its definition is team work. I would like to join a sguadron someday, squad against squad. I bet it would be the most rewarding on-line play

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-02-2006, 05:50 PM
^Except "Co-op" in "this" game is human and computer AI playing together.

It also means you can have moving carriers to take off from unlike dogfight (unless I'm missing something)!

Zeus-cat
06-02-2006, 06:02 PM
A coop mission is 2 or more human players playing on the same side or against each other. I believe the game comes with several coop missions. You can see how it works by playing with, I mean, by yourself.

Start the game
On the main menu click Multiplayer
Find a mission in the list and start it.
All the positions that people can play are listed, select one of them
Start the mission, the computer will fly all of the planes that people don't.

Added bonus
When you are finished with the mission, exit the game and look for the eventlog.lst file in the main directory (you may have to check something to enable the creation of this file). If you have the file, scroll all the way to the bottom of the file (missions are recorded sequentially with the latest mission at the bottom) and see how good or bad of a shot you are.

VF2_Sarge
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
The VF2 uses v4.05m, we use Team Speak through our own dedicated server. Sometimes, you can see a couple of us on HL but not to often. We usally fly within the squad but an will accept any one or squad that wants to join. We usally fly our co-ops on Sat nights about 10 pm EST. Hope that helps.

-HH-Quazi
06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by slo_1_2_3:
I like co-ops in fact its the only way I fly online now but I'm a lone pilot I'm not a squad kinda guy

Hey slo. I must say I felt the same way long ago. But until you give it a shot, you will never really know. I will always have plenty of time to fly coops against AI by myself, or even an offline campaign from time to time. But the most enjoyment I get is when I am on comms with my m8s, as many as 15 to 20 a time or two through the week, and not only having a blast strategizing to win, but also cutting up. It is nice to be able to ask for help to clear my six and have a squadm8 respond and take care of me. It is an awesome aspect of this sim, and one everyone should at least try to experience.

VF2_Sarge
06-03-2006, 06:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif