PDA

View Full Version : Anti Alias issues

shoopzee
03-22-2005, 07:09 AM
I have been looking on the threads for anything on anti alias topics relating to the game. Mostly I have seem posts on the shift-pg up & pg Down options to lower the clip look in some of the riggings etc. Is this just the game, or should i be looking to adjust something in my card settings. I have a Gforce fx5200 128 MB card. The only problems I have had so far are the Nividia UZO bug, which I use ctrl-p to fix. I'm not the most tech minded person when it come to video cards, so any suggestions?? Other than this little anti alias thing, the game looks great. Thanks. Shoop.

bweiss
03-22-2005, 08:06 AM
I've found with my card (Nvidia 5900 Ultra), that using the shift-pg up & pg Down causes a drastic hit on FPS. Try it, run your Ctrl-F8 button to bring up the FPS meter, then watch it plunge beneath the waves as you do a Shft-Page-up and a restoral of FPS with a Shft-Page-dn. Was the last time I tried that one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I use a FSAA 2xQ, and on my card that pretty much gives me some anti-alias w/o a drastic hit on FPS. At 4x it cuts into my FPS, but the 2xQ gives pretty good smoothing w/o much resource drain.

shoopzee
03-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the reply bwiess.... I find that the shift pgup&down does not hit the FPS too much, but I will look with ctrl-f8.
You got me on the second part, I'm not even too sure where to begin tweeking my card for AA. Not sure what you you mena by using a FSAA 2xQ. I know, I know, a real tech boob. Any simple suggestions. Cheers. Shoop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

fizilbert
03-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Is there someplace that lists all these other "hidden" commands? I had no clue until just now about the ctrl+F8 deal. And what exactly will bumping up the AA do for me? I tried it and it had no noticeable effect for me.

U1409
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
I am using 2xQ as well, setup through my nVidia settings.

But I have noticed that this gives me no sunglare effect - I have to use shift+pgup once to get a really awesome sunrise/sunset. Any way to get this without using the software-AA?

(using a nVidia 6800GT (with UZO bug))