PDA

View Full Version : Campaign

rockgardenlove
08-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi,
I personally find the campaigns incredibly boring. Is there anyway to warp in the game like in the CFS games? Like the press x to warp to next action sequence? I dont have enought time to sit around for hours, and sittings not too enjoyable for me personally.

Thanks

Kuna15
08-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Check the Controls section. There is "Accelerate Time" x2 x4 x8 function. Also there is "Decelerate Time" 1/2 1/4. slows game speed and you may find this feature to be handy when aiming at enemy targets.

Also there is "Time Skip" function, but for this you must ASSIGN key. Any key you like, you may assign to that function. When enabled, time skip, screen goes black and there is time counter in the right low corner of your screen.

Zeus-cat
08-21-2005, 08:53 AM
If you are playing the campaigns included with the game, they can be rather boring. Download some of the user created campaigns. some really good stuff out there.

There are a number of threads out there discussing some of the campaigns users have made.

Zeus-cat

FlatSpinMan
08-21-2005, 10:23 AM
This is a link to user made campaigns that have proven popular over the years. Check them out and remember to assign a key to Tim Skip, espec if you are flying pacific missions. They ARE dull and the maps are so plain.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6271073743

========================================

rockgardenlove
08-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Kuna15:
Check the Controls section. There is "Accelerate Time" x2 x4 x8 function. Also there is "Decelerate Time" 1/2 1/4. slows game speed and you may find this feature to be handy when aiming at enemy targets.

Also there is "Time Skip" function, but for this you must ASSIGN key. Any key you like, you may assign to that function. When enabled, time skip, screen goes black and there is time counter in the right low corner of your screen.

I dont have an assign key thing...or at least i cant find it in the controls section

FlatSpinMan
08-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah you do. Just look at Controls, then click to the left of the one you want to change. It should be highlighted. Then you can input whatever key you want to. If there are two keys, just push the button you want it to be a couple of times and it will become the only one for that function.

====================================

rockgardenlove
08-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Hmm, is it in the time comression area? i knwo how to change it but i cant see the setting.

FlatSpinMan
08-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Should be around there.I have lost my key guide and i have uninstalled Il2 as i have to reinstall windows but it is definitely there. Look carefully around the time compression section. It is definitely there if you have PF or a merged install

===============================.

rockgardenlove
08-21-2005, 10:53 AM
I have FB/AEP. No PF yet.(But soon)

Moustacheo
08-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I was wondering, is the time skip faster than 8x time compression? To me, it doesn't seem that much faster and is worse in that you have to stare at a black screen. At least the standard time compression lets you see where you are flying.

Chuck_Older
08-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Moustacheo:
I was wondering, is the time skip faster than 8x time compression? To me, it doesn't seem that much faster and is worse in that you have to stare at a black screen. At least the standard time compression lets you see where you are flying.

Seems to depend on RAM

PS

Bootsy rules

Slater_51st
08-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by rockgardenlove:
Hi,
I personally find the campaigns incredibly boring. Is there anyway to warp in the game like in the CFS games? Like the press x to warp to next action sequence? I dont have enought time to sit around for hours, and sittings not too enjoyable for me personally.

Thanks

I know this is personal preference, but I find the campaign to be insanely exciting. You really learn a plane when you spend 100s of missions flying it, and an hour or more per mission. I've gotten lots better on 109s, I can even keep formation now! Sure, 9/10 times my wingmen go crazy on the enemy before I know they're there, and it's hours of flying around.

However, I've had some fun, and kinda sad times in the campaign. One mission, we were doing a long distance base transfer over enemy territory, and we were protecting some Ju-52s. Being a long borring mission, me being the #4 in formation, I decided to break formation and go wave to the Ju-52s and their passengers. So, I did a few high speed buzzes and some aerobatics for em, and joined back up. Few minutes later, we went feet dry again over enemy territory. Then, the Ju-52s headed southeast, while we headed east. Few minutes later there's screaming on the radio, look out my window and see a huge fireball falling to the ground. The staffel roared over that way, the other schwarm got there first and engaged some P-40s or MiGs(forgot right now). We got there late, but for some reason 2 of our pilots crashed, and I got seperated from the staffel deeep in Russian territory. While gaining altitude and heading easterly, I noticed the remainder of my staffel and the -52s getting fired upon by a train, which happened to be between them and me. Being most put out over the loss of the -52s earlier, I dove on the train and opened fire, destroying one AA car, and gaining the attention of the other. In the process I got myself lost again, but avoided getting shot down by the train. I then decided it was probably safest for me to remain low to the ground while I headed to our new base, and so I flew the roads all the way in. What happened with the Ju-52s was that, when fired upon by either the train or fighters, one was damaged and crashed into the other, both of which went down in firey wrecks. Fortunately, they weren't carrying troops, which made me feel better. Still, I felt kind of attached to the pilots, even though they're virtual and don't really exist, very strange...

Now, when I fly, I move my stick to the middle of my desk to get the feel of being in an old fighter and I wear an old US Navy hat that greatly resembles an old aviator's hat. I also got an old kneeboard so that, when I get the chance to print out the maps, I'll be able to navigate with that, rather than the in-game one. All this for immersion purposes, and it works, though I look silly doing it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S! SLater

SeaFireLIV
08-22-2005, 02:25 AM
For me, flying to the target is part of the immersion. It allows me to get to know my plane, check my map, terrain, overall situation (who I have with me, etc). Also, many of the Eastern Front missions are quite short, usually maximum 10 minutes to the target. Don`t like sitting around? Dear, oh dear, why did you choose a flight sim then? Cos even in battle you`ll be sitting around, it`s part of flying in a fighter aircraft!

And if you think these flights are too long wait until you get PF where (and realistically), flights were THREE times as long! Better get a cushion!