PDA

View Full Version : Return to Base question...

p-11.cAce
11-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Last night I was getting DC'd off the east coast of England and had both my rudders destroyed. I was already on course for Wilhelmshaven so I cruised as far home as I could but had no ability to turn so once I neared shore I esc and clicked return to base option. I have always sailed back into port and I think this option cost some renown...did it? how much? what other penalties are there for using that option?

lecek
11-22-2005, 09:15 AM
It doesn't cost anything, as in you don't get a penalty.

However you do get a renown bonus for docking at base.

100 renown (a small merchant and a tugboat worth) is gained for returning to base. If you are playing at lower realism levels, this is less.

((Realism*0.75)+0.25)*UnmodifiedRenown = YourRenown

100 renown at a realsim of .25, .50, .75, .100 =

You get 500 renown for getting to your assigned patrol, and 200 for staying 24 hours.

You can find more detals at:

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Main_Page

Kaleun1961
11-22-2005, 03:40 PM
It's not at all unrealistic to exit your patrol via the escape key. It is not necessary to actually dock the boat, just be within 30 kms of your base, exit patrol and then choose dock at: X. In reality, if a boat had difficulty maneuvering, they could roughly steer the boat and when near base they could get a tug or minesweeper to tow them into harbour.

Schiffmorder
11-22-2005, 10:23 PM
In real life they would have used differential engine thrust as a very slow way to steer. We dont have that option though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

p-11.cAce
11-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah I tried that right away as I was still getting DC'd and was pissed that I could not move one motor control (telegraph??) without the other moving as well. I'm just glad I was going straight and east when the rudders were destroyed!

gamera67
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I've never been able to find this out, but what would of happened if you did a knuckle maneuver?
That's steering using your engines, but does it work in game with your rudder gone?
any one know?