PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Corruption with F4F Cockpit in PF

sparkylawdog
06-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Just recently, I have been noticing an unusual occurrence when playing Pacific Fighters. When I start out a mission in the F4F Wildact (doesn't matter whether it is a -3 or a -4), I start the mission with the canopy open, and the cockpit shot looks great. After I take off, however, and close the canopy, all the instruments disappear and I get light blue/black dashes on the insides of the canopy and on the instrument panel, and if I look out to either the left or right side, the wings appear in different colors also. There is no way to get rid of this other than to quit the game, go back and re-start, then they just re-appear again. Any ideas on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SeaNorris
06-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by sparkylawdog:
Just recently, I have been noticing an unusual occurrence when playing Pacific Fighters. When I start out a mission in the F4F Wildact (doesn't matter whether it is a -3 or a -4), I start the mission with the canopy open, and the cockpit shot looks great. After I take off, however, and close the canopy, all the instruments disappear and I get light blue/black dashes on the insides of the canopy and on the instrument panel, and if I look out to either the left or right side, the wings appear in different colors also. There is no way to get rid of this other than to quit the game, go back and re-start, then they just re-appear again. Any ideas on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Could you get some piccys of this?

AFSG_Bulldog
06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Well I have an ATI 9800 pro video card. When I upgraded the drivers to the CAT 5.4's everything looked great for about 3 Co-op missions. Then all of the colors began leaving my plane. First the gauges then the plane then the canopy began to go opaque. Every other color was unaffected. Only my plane was affected by this anomoly. It would only clear up if I restarted the game. However after about three missions it would return again. I finally went back to the CAT 4.2 drivers and all has been great ever since.

Have you changed drivers lately?

sparkylawdog
06-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Bulldog, I have the same video card you do, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, and I'm currently using the CAT 4.12 drivers. The problem you describe sounds like pretty much what I am experiencing.
SeaNorris, I can get a scrrenshot from the game that shows the problem, but I've never posted a pic to a website before, and I really don't know how.

SeaNorris
06-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Then you'll need someone to host (http://www.photobucket.com) registration is free, then go to upload, find it, when you'll get three boxes beneath the picture, the third one down is the one that you want, copy all of that and then post reply here, then paste, then Post Now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sparkylawdog
06-06-2005, 05:32 PM
OK SeaNorris, here it goes, hope it comes thru okay...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/tbirdman/PFProblem.jpg

AFSG_Bulldog
06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Well Sparky... I would suggest that you try the plain old 4.1 CATs. I know that when I upgraded and got those textures I knew what it was. Mainly because the game was running just fine before I upgraded and the drivers were the only thing I did.

I don't plan to upgrade my video drivers until I start to have problems in the future. Why mess with something that is working fine.