PDA

View Full Version : new patch

blackpanther3
06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
well lads what do u think of it then . i do find the fun edge has been taken away by that i meen most planes are now alot more difficult to fly now ie go into a flat spin too easy or hey maybe iam just a **** pilot i do see a lot of other pilots having problems taking off on line your views please

FoolTrottel
06-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Practice, Practice, Practice!

(I haven't been online lately, starting to learn again how to properly control them planes! And I use the Offline functionality for that!)

SeaFireLIV
06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by blackpanther3:
i do see a lot of other pilots having problems taking off on line your views please

Believe it or not this is a good thing.

Remedy: Patience.

faustnik
06-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah, give it a couple weeks and you'll forget all about the FM changes.

voyager_663rd
06-20-2005, 05:01 PM
These changes are very positive in that it is another step towards "more real".

I like it.

Vortex_uk
06-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Take-off off just seems to be the tricky part to get used to, you need to use brakes on taxiing, and locking to tail-wheel seems to have an effect now, stopps the odd twisting behaviour when slamming on the throttle. Torque seems to be a bit of an obstacle, especcially in aircraft like the P-40 Field Mod.

heywooood
06-20-2005, 05:43 PM
it 'feels' like a whole new sim with all new planes.

Maybe for the online clan the bat trim on a slider can be switchable to the totally unrealistic delayed trim and only offliners can have insta trim...hmm?

aside from this major online vs. offline aspect and a few tweaks to FM/DM this is a very nice patch.

Lucius_Esox
06-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Im not sure if i like it but the torque effect when flying can catch you out quite nicely if not carefull. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Throttling back for landing whilst turning, then throttling back up hard still in the turn I ended up coming in to land upside down,, very amusing!!