PDA

View Full Version : Assassinate Antonio Maffei

Skier from Hell
01-27-2010, 07:30 AM
I,m going around in circles trying to find the top of a tower in San Gimigano where I've been assigned to kill Antonio Maffei. Keep ending up back where I've started. A little clue from someone would be much appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Abeonis
01-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Look up?

I don't know what to say, it's not that difficult.

Skier from Hell
01-27-2010, 10:32 AM
It maybe not that difficult for you,abeonis, but it's difficult enough for me. I managed to clamber to the top of two towers. One I was attacked by two archers the other I was surrounded by half a dozen guards. No sign of Antonio, though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

shimpaku
01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't really remember this sequence but is the target in a "green" area on your map?

If so, simply place a "Custom Marker" in that area, head for it and then once in that area use your "Eagle Vision" to spot your target.

If it perhaps comes back to me I'll post again if I can help in any way.

nitres15
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by snowblader:
I,m going around in circles trying to find the top of a tower in San Gimigano where I've been assigned to kill Antonio Maffei. Keep ending up back where I've started. A little clue from someone would be much appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
step1:killall archers
2 climb
3 kill the target

Skier from Hell
01-27-2010, 02:26 PM
nitres155
Wow! Done it! Thanks for that, nitres155. And thanks for all you other guys response. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

nitres15
01-27-2010, 02:41 PM
there is a guy on youtube he make guides search for assassins creed 2 guide part ?????.........
just if you get stuck agen

Hidden-Gunman
03-15-2010, 05:53 AM
I'll post this here as I got no help on the general discussion forum (the four of us with this issue got told to put it in the generic '***** about ubisoft' thread).

The problem appears to be that Antonio Maffei disappears if Ezio gets seen by any of the archers. He doesn't come back, so that's it. Game over, basically.

Anyone got any workable solutions (without stating the obvious of 'don't get seen')?

elaine8405
03-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Perhaps the Tech Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016) has some answers.

I know when I've played (on PS3), if the guards who patrol his tower see me and I have to fight them, Maffei climbs down the ladder from the topmost section to the wooden walkway. So I've had to battle him there instead of up top. Kind of fun to get a good whack at him and send him plummeting to earth. But if he drops down and goes to the opposite side from where you are, you might not see him and then, when you climb to the topmost perch, you think he's gone. Just a thought.

Jack-Reacher
03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
I might be a bit late but I made a video on how to kill each archer ( a few are unnecessary) without being seen and then kill Antonio.

I chose to slash his throat, but you can do it anyway you please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6R_3TOUtI

Insomneac
03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Hidden-Gunman:The problem appears to be that Antonio Maffei disappears if Ezio gets seen by any of the archers. He doesn't come back, so that's it. Game over, basically.

Anyone got any workable solutions (without stating the obvious of 'don't get seen')?

This happened to me several times.

It wasn't because I was seen, as there were no alarms and I wasn't in view of him till the last minute.

I think it's a bug.

Anyway, only way is to abort the memory and do it again.

Take out all the surrounding archers first, then do the tower with Maffei last.

Ray601949
03-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I just completed this last night. Jack-Reacher's video REALLY helped! Thank you!

But I was able to complete the assassination after killing only the archers on one tower; I skipped all the others. From that first tower, I followed the rope over to Antonio's tower, got directly there, killed two guards, then Antonio showed up on the wooden platform. He was tougher than I expected, but I finally wore him down and threw him off. "Requiescat in pace," you rat...

Jack-Reacher
03-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah most of the archers I kill are just for fun, you don't need to but for all my videos I like to eliminate every guard without being seen and then take out the target. I have never had this glitch happen but i guess thats a good reason to follow my steps

tagagliate
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Hidden-Gunman:
I'll post this here as I got no help on the general discussion forum (the four of us with this issue got told to put it in the generic '***** about ubisoft' thread).

The problem appears to be that Antonio Maffei disappears if Ezio gets seen by any of the archers. He doesn't come back, so that's it. Game over, basically.

I have the same problem, I have killed all possible archer from the surrounding tower but no traces of my target, the top of the tower with the green target indicator is empty....

jacodv1982
03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
!Bump! I have the exact same problem !
already redone the entire quest 3 times , every time I reach the roof , Antonio Maffei is missing. (gone fishing?)
I logged a call with UBI , reference :
Incident: 100325-000461

nitres15
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jacodv1982:
!Bump! I have the exact same problem !
already redone the entire quest 3 times , every time I reach the roof , Antonio Maffei is missing. (gone fishing?)
I logged a call with UBI , reference :
Incident: 100325-000461

wrong roof

SubtleRazor
03-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Aaaah...interesting. I've had this happen. I'm on a pc and knew exactly where the target was - get there and he's gone!
Spotted it on one occasion. The blighter wanders about the top of the tower and can walk off onto the platform around the top......then of course he can just walk off the open edge of the platform.......
He's gone!!
It's a glitch...needs fixing

jacodv1982
03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
to nitres155 , I am wearing my glasses , thanks , I would hope by age 28 I would know what a target looks like on a map.

SubtleRazor , thankyou , I hope to God someone from UBI reads this , I logged a call with UBI and the helpdesk engineer told me I dont know how to play the game , he kept telling me to look at the videos on youtube , what service.

One would think that as someone who's been playing pc games since the age of 10 , I would at the very least be able to understand basic instructions and somehow manage to push keys on my keyboard.

SubtleRazor , youre one of the few people on this forum who actually show some support ,
If i worked for UBI , youd be hired.

Good game.

Decuriona
03-27-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi guys

I had the same problem as all of you, but if you take your time and find the tower thet are conected to the tower that Antonio Maffei are hiding on by wires, climb that one, kill the 2 artcher, i took out the first one that are walking around by pulling him off the tower when the other had his back to me, the i waited again ontil the he once again had his back turned jumpd up and killed him. Then i jumped down on the wires to Antonio Maffei tower, then i scaled it so i was hanging from the wooden stuckture, i then move still hanging down so that i was in front of the lader and waited for Antonio Maffei to come down, jumped up and killed him. I hope this will help you guyes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Decuriona