PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Freedom Problems IL2 Sturmovich

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi peeps I guess this is the best place to get some help. Basically I am having a nightmare setting up my Logitech Freedom joystick to work with this game. I have patched it up to 1.1 so it not the game (i hope) Anyway whenever I attempt to takeoff my plane will veer to the right and I cant seem to turn it back, which causes me to crash. IF (which is very rare lol) I do get in the air my controls are unrepsonsive to say the least. It constantly sets itself in a nosedive and I have to pull fully back to just get it to stay on a sort of level. So basically I cannot climb properly, my takeoffs veer to the right, and controls are pretty much unreponsive. What do I change in the settings to get things right. This is driving me nuts Combat Flight Sim 3 was a piece of cake to setup compared to this!!

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi peeps I guess this is the best place to get some help. Basically I am having a nightmare setting up my Logitech Freedom joystick to work with this game. I have patched it up to 1.1 so it not the game (i hope) Anyway whenever I attempt to takeoff my plane will veer to the right and I cant seem to turn it back, which causes me to crash. IF (which is very rare lol) I do get in the air my controls are unrepsonsive to say the least. It constantly sets itself in a nosedive and I have to pull fully back to just get it to stay on a sort of level. So basically I cannot climb properly, my takeoffs veer to the right, and controls are pretty much unreponsive. What do I change in the settings to get things right. This is driving me nuts Combat Flight Sim 3 was a piece of cake to setup compared to this!!

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Adjust your sensitivity of the stick in it's software. I have the exact saem stick and the same thing happened to me until I did this. Make it so when you move your stick, you have to move it a lot to move the line a little within the test area.

Beta tester for;
C&C Generals,Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,MAX 2, Defiance

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:46 PM
The turning to the right is common on most aircraft..its the torque of the prop (and sometimes the wind) that is pushing you over. I usually compensate with the rudder while I'm taking off (and by trimming the rudder as well).

I don't think CFS3 has it modeled that way so you probably aren't used to seeing it.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 09:46 PM
It's not your joystick. I have a Freedom as well. The pull right is engine torque and you need to ease up in this game (at least until you get used to it). Also the nose-down/nose-up issues are also part of the flight model; you can use trim to negate it or get used to it. IMO this game is more like a simulation and less like an arcade game (CFS).

<center>http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/bp_geminiCombined.gif

<center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Warning: My intense sense of humor may tug at the stick crammed in your shaded spot.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">If you treasure your lack of humor please refrain from reading my posts as they may cause laughter.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Heaven Forbid.</table style></center>
<center><table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=4)"> P-39 Vet since the original IL-2 Sturmovik </table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=4)"> Soon to be P-63 Vet </table style></center>

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
<table style="filter:glow[color=green,strength=4)">www.blitzpigs.com</center> </table style>

<center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Warning: My intense sense of humor may tug at the stick crammed in your shaded spot.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">If you treasure your lack of humor please refrain from reading my posts as they may cause laughter.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Heaven Forbid.</table style></center>
<center><table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=4)"> P-39 Vet since the original IL-2 Sturmovik </table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=4)"> Soon to be P-63 Vet </table style></center>

<table style="filter:glow[color=green,strength=4)">www.blitzpigs.com</center> </table style>

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Moved to the correct thread....

- say? And I need to adjust the trim for the pitch
- thing? I will have to try that. On CFS3 it had a
- autotrim button, does IL2 have one?

and .... http://blitzpigs.com/forum/images/smiles/bump-smile.gif