PDA

View Full Version : How does Necromancy work?

wiz828
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Been playing it for a few hours now, but I cannot figure out how to get necromancy to work? Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

Posarke
10-13-2011, 08:38 AM
You mean the skill I presume?
Just click on the necromancy tab (circle) and then select the unit you want to heal/ressurect.
The longer you wait to use it, the more you can heal.
Also, you cannot use for example necromancy I on a champion unit (need at least III or IV). The level of necromancy dictates which units (core/elite/champ) you will be able to heal.
Of course Necro II can heal a core unit, but it won't heal a champ.
Hope this helps.

wiz828
10-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Posarke:
You mean the skill I presume?
Just click on the necromancy tab (circle) and then select the unit you want to heal/ressurect.
The longer you wait to use it, the more you can heal.
Also, you cannot use for example necromancy I on a champion unit (need at least III or IV). The level of necromancy dictates which units (core/elite/champ) you will be able to heal.
Of course Necro II can heal a core unit, but it won't heal a champ.
Hope this helps.

Thank you, I guess I wasn't expecting it to be that much different from all previous versions of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

k4iros
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
i was also disappointed by the way they changed the skill.

so now it's basically; necromancy = heal

pretty lame.

civald
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
yeah, i miss the old necro system, not so fond of these race-skills tbh

whitefatality
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by k4iros:
i was also disappointed by the way they changed the skill.

pretty lame.
I agree. The differences between each race is less noticeable now...

PlagueRyan
10-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Perhaps I'm getting a bug here:

When starting combat Necromancy (I) is greyed out as expected.

So combat goes along and I get enough points to activate it (I never see the "dial" go all the way around though; it just seems to activate suddenly - perhaps I get a massive load and it just doesn't go through the animation). Anyway, so I can use it and all is good. Its at Necromancy (I).

If I don't use it and continue combat it reaches Necromancy (II); again I don't see the "dial" go all the way around, usually only up to half way max. However, now that it is at Necromancy (II) its greyed out again and unusable. NOW I see the dial slowly go up to (almost) full, but yeah its pretty much gone now for rest of combat since I can't use it.

Am I missing something? Or should that not be happening?

LonesomeDemon
10-14-2011, 09:22 AM
It's because the full gauge works for all of the four levels of the skill. At 25% you can use the first level, at 50%, the second one and so on. This is not a bug, it just works this way.

Astasia
10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by k4iros:

Mechanically, yes. In practice, it's 10 times better than a heal spell. It's free, doesn't use an action, charges very fast, and heals for vastly more than any heal spell. Playing necro I have to almost purposefully put effort into getting units killed to not walk away from every fight without any losses.

But yes it's a hell of a lot more boring than the old necromancy where you could actually run around gaining units rather than just keeping them alive.

Kalime777
10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LonesomeDemon:
It's because the full gauge works for all of the four levels of the skill. At 25% you can use the first level, at 50%, the second one and so on. This is not a bug, it just works this way.

No, you don't understand what he says... The bug is that once you reach Necromancy II, you can't use it for the whole fight.

So basicly, if by any way you get past the necromancy I, you just lost your racial ability for the fight. If you tell me this is the way it's suposed to be, it's really bad :P

Astasia
10-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I never had that issue. AFAIK I could use necro 2 as soon as I was able to get it (level 5?) during the necro campaign.

PlagueRyan
10-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Got some amore information concerning the bug: I can use Necromancy 2 and above with my additional heros but not the main hero.

I have a strong feeling its related to my hero being a custom hero instead of the default.

Arcane_Weapon
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by whitefatality:
I agree. The differences between each race is less noticeable now...

This confuses me.
Necropolis has an almost OP heal.
Haven can make stacks invincible for 2 actions (if you know how to time it).
Sanctuary boosts defense and life of it's troops as well as water shields and chilling.
Stronghold boosts their units power and initiative enormously getting an extra retaliation, and then at top level cannot be retaliated against.
Inferno has it's old Gating back.

How are these remotely similar? They don't even gain the points to use their abilities in the same way.

Yes things have changed, but claiming that it's hard to distinguish the factions now is ridiculous.

whiteshadow58
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I have the same issue. When I get enough points to use Necromancy Level 2 the button gets greyed out and I can't use the skill for the rest of the combat.

The issue is only with the main hero.
I tried going through that second map, but I have the same issue on the next one.

This is most definitely a bug. Does anyone know a workaround?

Tenkos
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Necropolis has an almost OP heal. That's pretty much the problem people are having with it.

It's a healing ability.

Necromancy in H3, H4, and H5 was the post-combat ability to gain free troops from your dead enemies. Now, it may as well be on the Haven heroes since it's a mid-combat heal/rez power.

Ippis
10-18-2011, 11:10 AM
So combat goes along and I get enough points to activate it (I never see the "dial" go all the way around though; it just seems to activate suddenly - perhaps I get a massive load and it just doesn't go through the animation). Anyway, so I can use it and all is good. Its at Necromancy (I).

If I don't use it and continue combat it reaches Necromancy (II); again I don't see the "dial" go all the way around, usually only up to half way max. However, now that it is at Necromancy (II) its greyed out again and unusable. NOW I see the dial slowly go up to (almost) full, but yeah its pretty much gone now for rest of combat since I can't use it.

Am I missing something? Or should that not be happenin

I have same problem here.. in necro campaign that bug appear in fisrt map just few battles before salvatore.. and bug continues to second map and go on.. then i tried single player custom map and it's working great.. when reach lvl 2 necromancy not going grey.. any solution for that?

EBugle
10-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Tenkos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Necropolis has an almost OP heal. That's pretty much the problem people are having with it.

It's a healing ability.

Necromancy in H3, H4, and H5 was the post-combat ability to gain free troops from your dead enemies. Now, it may as well be on the Haven heroes since it's a mid-combat heal/rez power. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's disappointing, yeah, but it fits necro a fair bit. Think of it this way, the more troops you kill, the more you can revive. You just can't go over max anymore.

While I would much rather have classic necromancy back, I don't find this one to be too bad, and it all but guarantees 0 losses against creeps, even those of a higher threat rating than you should be fighting (at least with a high level hero)

vanassassin
10-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by PlagueRyan:
Got some amore information concerning the bug: I can use Necromancy 2 and above with my additional heros but not the main hero.

I have a strong feeling its related to my hero being a custom hero instead of the default.

I'm having the same bug (necro unusable at lvl II) and my hero is default

Dasher3
10-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Haven Vestral heal is only good for short fights and clearing. Get into a long fight or siege and those two heals get used up quick. While necromancy is good for the duration.

Also, you can use it to revive a fallen stack. So if you're fighting one, you might want to stand on the bodies so they can't be targetted.

PlagueRyan
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
There are two "fixes".

1) Restart. The bug is a creation bug, you either have it or you don't. You can't get rid of it on a hero that has it.

2) Use the auto-ai if you have already used your active ability (heroic strike or spellbook). If you double-tap the auto-ai button quickly it will use necromancy for you... without hopefully doing anything else. Credit goes to someone else for finding this!

vanassassin
10-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by PlagueRyan:
There are two "fixes".

1) Restart. The bug is a creation bug, you either have it or you don't. You can't get rid of it on a hero that has it.

I hope they fix it on existing heroes, soon. I stopped necro campaign because of it.