PDA

View Full Version : memory issue

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:37 PM
can anyone help ?? i have the game but keep getting a low memory warning when i try to play. Is there another version i can buy/load which my computer can cope with its got 256 ram 80gb hard disk.

cheers peter

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:37 PM
can anyone help ?? i have the game but keep getting a low memory warning when i try to play. Is there another version i can buy/load which my computer can cope with its got 256 ram 80gb hard disk.

cheers peter

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:40 PM
make sure you have at least 1gb free on your harddrive available for virtual memory

--NJG26_Killa--

http://lbhskier37.freeservers.com/FW190.jpg .

"Ich bin ein Wuergerwhiner"

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." --Erwin Rommel

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 02:48 PM
the disc has 80% space left, is there anything else i can be doing

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:00 PM
pb59 wrote:
- the disc has 80% space left, is there anything else
- i can be doing
-

The space might be free, but is it available for virtual memory?

Another thing: An upgrade from 256 MB to 1 GB made this a whole new game for me. I bet it would be the same for you! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:06 PM
so how do i make it available to be free memory ??

im not very computer minded as you may have already worked out of course !!

thanks

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:11 PM
pb59 wrote:
- so how do i make it available to be free memory ??

I run Win XP Pro, but I guess it's somewhat similar for other Windows versions: Open the control panel, double-click 'system'. Find the fan that says 'advanced' or something like that. Somewhere there you'll find a menu about performance and virtual memory settings.

- im not very computer minded as you may have already
- worked out of course !!

No kidding. Well, I'm not very good at flying, but I do it anyway. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hope it helps - if not, then you should post in the tech forum instead. That's the right place, and it's were all the techies are. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 04:19 PM
I just posted this for another guy, here are some things you can do.

1. Go into your network and uncheck everything except TCP. The Microsoft family, and client, as well as the QOS can all be turned off without effecting your internet. These settinga are for networks. Shutting them down will lighten the load on your machine.

As for your memory it's under system in the control panel, under the advanced tab. Should be your first option once there.

2. Next go to Black viper.com and tweak out your XP from all the running process's that take up memeory. There are several ways to configure it for networks, gamers, etc etc.

In short with XP you have about 20 to 30 things you can turn off to help your machine run faster.

3. Then you can go to PC Pitstop.com and fine tune your comp it self, from internet connections, to system checks etc etc. I did the first one internet download test and got a rating of 1072 which is about 600 less then i should be getting with a cable modem. After the test i now have 1691 which is right in the middle. May not seem like much to you but it did increase my frames by 25 and that does matter.

These sites and tests are free, just costs your time to go there and do them.

May you not become a dirt torpedo.

PlatinumDragon...