PDA

View Full Version : ACR finally getting it's attention

Altair661
09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I believe of all the AC games, ACR definetly has gotten the most attention and praise so far. It's been on many gaming media's (gameinformer,GTTV, etc.) But I believe Ubisoft (Especially Amancio) have said the premise of the game.

In almost every single interview nowadays (Like on GTTV) they always have to explain "We find out Ezio's purpose, and we actually go back and play as Altair..." blah blah blah. Like seriously? Has no one been paying attention, whenever a website put's up and interview and says "latest news on ACR" its always the same stuff. Ubisoft has to be getting tired of it. But I'd rather them keep it like it is instead of giving TOO much away.

However ACR is still getting lots of attention, but I still feel it's being buried under all of the other big games/sequels coming out this year (MW3, BF3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Arkham City) even though it deserves it's own spotlight. (This was addressed in this thread right here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2451095649))

Im not meaing to sound complainy, im not trying to complain. Its not a HUGE deal. But does anyone agree with me?

kriegerdesgottes
09-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Well the reason it's always the same stuff is because Ubisoft is keeping information about this particular game especially close to their chest. They have released less about this game by this time than they have with any other ac game except maybe the first one which they also hid too much of. I think they believe they released too much info on ACII and especially Brotherhood which I don't think is true. But I agree it does seem like the gaming community/media is paying more attention to this one than in the past. I personally wish they would show more of the game and tell us more about it though since the game is about two months from launch and we have seen very little of it so far. That's just my opinion.

MT4K
09-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Off topic

Sorry i just have to say this because i see it way too often on the internet and wish it would stop :P.

First i'm going to be a little bit jerkish and point out that the word "it's" only ever means "it is" or "it has" and is not used to mean possession. When talking about possession you just use "its" without the apostrophe. This is some silly error that unfortunately has spread due to the internet, sigh.
Example:
1)The car's losing it's power. = The car is losing it is power.
2)The car's losing its power. = The car is losing its power.

On topic

I believe the main reason they are keeping quiet more is because the game is supposed to answer a lot of questions. They probably don't want to inadvertently give stuff away. Especially considering how closely some people watch videos and interviews and stuff for any little pieces of information (The encyclopedia video is a good example).

I imagine they will release more single player footage later. I just think they want to leave most of the stuff in the game as things for us to discover while we play.

Altair661
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Off topic:

MT4K, first of all, I know my proper english. I take AP classes and I have written my fair share of reports. Honestly I do not care about how I write on the internet, you got my point didn't you? I know the difference's in the word "it" "it's" and "it is". But I suck at commas but I dont need a lesson on it. Alright? Cool.

On topic:

I agree, that I don't want anything huge to be revealed, and that I want them to keep anything else on the story to them. However, there are still things they can talk about. Instead of the same thing everytime. When I first popped in AC1, I didn't read up on a lot of it, just saw some Altair gameplay. I never knew/saw the Desmond thing coming. I don't think they ever even put it in their advertisements, I could be wrong though. But they could talk more about combat, Assassin's guild/recruits, customization, etc. Could they not?

However I prefer they leave Altair alone, we saw some stuff on him, I am satisfied. He is the most exciting part to me, but also seems to be the most mysterious at the same time.

MT4K
09-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I wasn't pointing you out specifically. it was just something i notice too often on the internet in general and it's like a pet peeve if you will. Sorry if you took offence in any way.

LightRey
09-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by MT4K:
I wasn't pointing you out specifically. it was just something i notice too often on the internet in general and it's like a pet peeve if you will. Sorry if you took offence in any way.
Yeah, I do it too sometimes. Not because I don't know the correct spelling, but rather because I automatically type an apostrophe (not a comma :P) when I "hear" an 's' behind "it" in my mind.

btw, to even the score between you two a little, the correct spelling is "offense". :P

MT4K
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Well actually. Offence and Defence is the U.K spelling variant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

LightRey
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Actually it isn't. Offence and Defence is the U.K spelling variant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
crap.
*desperately starts searching for any words you might've spelled according to American spelling*

Ulicies
09-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Well actually. Offence and Defence is the U.K spelling variant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Owned. Lol.

I hate it when people say "oh i dont care how my grammer looks online all i want to do is say my thing and be done k?"
Illiteracy certainly plays a role in other people's general regard of you.
*sigh* And I know that you only made a small mistake which doesn't matter. What matters is your statement that no one cares how someone presents themselves over the internet. This apathy is the real problem with online forums.

kriegerdesgottes
09-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Another thing to consider though is that a lot of people who post on here are not native English speakers and it really does not make that big of a difference as long as you understand what the person is trying to say. There used to be a guy in here who was a huge grammar cop (who I still occasionally see), and the mods would have to remind him of the people who don't speak English as their first language.

Ulicies
09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Another thing to consider though is that a lot of people who post on here are not native English speakers and it really does not make that big of a difference as long as you understand what the person is trying to say. There used to be a guy in here who was a huge grammar cop (who I still occasionally see), and the mods would have to remind him of the people who don't speak English as their first language. Trying to write in English as your second or third language is completely different from people who don't care about how horribly their sentence is structured. I don't gripe about small mistakes (unless they're being hypocrites); I'm one of the worst offenders, even after editing my posts two or three times. What bugs me is the apathy that has been running rampant for years.

xCr0wnedNorris
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
The reason why it's gotten a lot of attention is because of the name the series has built up for itself. It's well earned attention, and I hope the series continues to get more popular so that more people can discover its amazingness.

rileypoole1234
09-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Well they have to hide the Revelations or they won't be Revelations. I think this game's gonna be amazing. This one looks way better than Brotherhood did to me now, and I thought that looked great.

Ulicies
09-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Back on topic:

To the contrary, I actually have seen very little exposure from my most visited websites, especially comparing how much media attention AC2 got, and to a lesser extent, ACB. Also, most of the articles previewing the game take a very neutral and apathetic stance toward the game.

MT4K
09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Off topic

Well i wasn't really being a grammar cop though. It's just the whole "its/it's" thing does bug me because you literally see it everywhere on the internet these days and not just on this forum specifically.

It's almost like it's this giant misconception or something and i sometimes just feel compelled to inform people (Pet peeve).

On topic

I must admit it really is nice to see ACR getting a lot of attention. It would be nice to see perhaps another single player walkthrough though with the focus being more on showing some stealth gameplay using eagle sense to "follow the trail" rather than a pretty straight forward path.

I mean in the current demo they show you the guy's trail and then never use it again really. I'd love to see them showing how you can use it to not only track your target, but also how you can use it to set up a proper trap.

Again though i doubt they would because they seem to be wanting to save everything lol.

SixKeys
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Off topic

Well i wasn't really being a grammar cop though. It's just the whole "its/it's" thing does bug me because you literally see it everywhere on the internet these days and not just on this forum specifically.

It's almost like it's this giant misconception or something and i sometimes just feel compelled to inform people (Pet peeve).

Off topic:

When referring to the self, "I" is spelled with a capital letter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

On topic:

Er.... not much to add, really. Personally I think ACR has been getting enough attention from gaming media. I don't think it's getting buried underneath other big releases and if it is, well, that happens even to good games sometimes.

Ulicies
09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:
Off topic

Off topic:

When referring to the self, "I" is spelled with a capital letter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

On topic:

Er.... not much to add, really. Personally I think ACR has been getting enough attention from gaming media. I don't think it's getting buried underneath other big releases and if it is, well, that happens even to good games sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>See this is what happens when people start to nitpick every little grammatical error. Next we'll see people saying "OMG TECHNICALLY 'Off Topic' isn't even a sentence! You need a subject and a verb goddammit!!"

Biomedical-Fire
09-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately ACR will not be getting that much attention from myself, because like you said, it's getting pushed under the rug by games such as Skyrim. Which will be taking up much of my time for the better part of November and December as will the other games that I have pre-ordered. It's not that I dislike AC, I have been playing it ever since Ubi decided to bring it to the 360 from the ranks of a PS3 exclusive titles, it's just that I have been waiting for TES V ever since that I finished Oblivion. When I get into about a 100 hours worth of game time with Skyrim, then I'll begin to start playing those other games that I have pre-ordered.

Altair661
09-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Alright, not to be invade on this grammar session, but it's all cool, but can we try to stay on topic? I understand it can be annyoing sometimes. Sorry for coming back so defensively.

ChaosxNetwork
09-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Hehe you can always tell a PS3 Gamer when they list upcoming games in 2011 they mention Uncharted 3, multi-platform games and don't mention Gears of War 3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Oh and the worst sort of grammatical fail is when people say "alot" even in a perfectly sound sentence. Do people not see the red underline?
Oh and MT4K you got your Examples wrong. "It's" does not mean "It is" it means that the power belongs to the car. Similar to how you would say "That is Shaun's copy of Revelations. See it is saying the item belongs to that person.
"Its" is only used when it is not to do with belonging.
But I think Brotherhood got the most attention, even more then Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Mainly due to the beeping multi-player.