PDA

View Full Version : Does the FW190A-9 fly different?

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Has anyone else have the problem that the FW190A-9 in the 1.11 patch fly different?
It flew better in the 1.1b. I notice that it will stall out much faster and is more difficult to handle. It stalls out in turns that are 350 km and better, a high speed stall, which it shouldn't happen. I have tried the different Force Feedback setting which only dampened the effects some. The A-8 and D-9 flys well, with no real problems.
Just wondering if I was the only one.

gsedwards@cox.net

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Has anyone else have the problem that the FW190A-9 in the 1.11 patch fly different?
It flew better in the 1.1b. I notice that it will stall out much faster and is more difficult to handle. It stalls out in turns that are 350 km and better, a high speed stall, which it shouldn't happen. I have tried the different Force Feedback setting which only dampened the effects some. The A-8 and D-9 flys well, with no real problems.
Just wondering if I was the only one.

gsedwards@cox.net

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Not sure. Installed patch yesterday and took the A9 for a spin, trying to get my landing sorted out as it got porked by 1.1b /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

It seemed to loose speed more readily, which it needed to do IMHO, but other than that I have not noticed a change in stall characteristics.

But then I'm a crap pilot any way /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Personally I haven't noticed a difference myself. I don't fly this as my primary ride (D9 and A5 being it) but when bomber hunting this is the plane of choice for obvious reasons, so I do get some seat time in it.

I think the stall characteristics are still inline with what you normally expect and have heard of, but there are minor differences in when they occur. To me, not a big deal, if you are comfortable with the FW series you won't be taken off guard at all.

The high speed stall is still pretty much the same as it's always been even back in IL2. Pull too hard on the stick and you get the rapid flick over but again if you know your plane correcting for it is an almost instantaneous reaction. There are times when you don't even realize you have just stalled because you are so used to it happening when you ride the edge. I am not an FM expert but all things considered, I'd say the FW series is just about the same as they've been in 1.1B and 1.1F but at last the roll rate has been toned down to more acceptable (though still a bit off I suspect).

Hope this helps,

TX-Zen
Black 6
TX Squadron CO
http://www.txsquadron.com
clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)

http://www.txsquadron.com/uploaded/tx-zen/Zensig2.jpg