PDA

View Full Version : What did he really say?

Grimm-X67
07-20-2009, 11:51 PM
On his death bed Hassan i-Sabbah said what has become our signatures and our mottos and God knows what else. I was searchign through the web the other day and came upon a different version of it.

What did Hassan really say "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" or "Nothing is true, Against them everything is permitted."

Unless someone has access to the Animus and is a descendant of the one who heard Hassan's last words then I doubt you know for sure, but which do you think is the correct version?

Also by any chance has anyoen read the book 'Alamut' by Vladimir Bartol? If so can you give me a rough summary of what it goes through?

EmperorxZurg
07-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I don't think that conversation was really made by a hashashin, pretty sure it was just for the game. But if anyone knows please tell

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 04:39 AM
"Nothing is true everything is permitted" is a quote of Hassan i Sabbha, the founder of the Hashashin.

I'm not sure which it is, but I suppose "Nothing is trues, against them everything is permitted" is more human than "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

I suppose the 'them' means the Templars?

Account_Deleted
07-21-2009, 04:56 AM
i'd say the 2nd line is more detailed.. in some sorta way

Danvish
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
i'd say the 2nd line is more detailed.. in some sorta way

but much less melodramatic.

Grimm-X67
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
I read about the book a little, apparently he said that to one of his Assassiyun after he had killed a target, before the target had died he told the Assassin that Hassan was decieving them by drugging them. The Assassin confronted Hassan about this when he returned to Alamut that's when Hassan told him "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Stormpen
Posted Tue July 21 2009 03:39 Hide Post
"Nothing is true everything is permitted" is a quote of Hassan i Sabbha, the founder of the Hashashin.

I'm not sure which it is, but I suppose "Nothing is trues, against them everything is permitted" is more human than "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

I suppose the 'them' means the Templars?

I think the 'them' are his Assassin's.

JoelEzioPinto
07-22-2009, 09:06 AM
The Actual Line is 'Nothing is Forbidden, Everything is Permitted' and it was origanated from From an Article; The Old Man Of The Mountains about assassins that shockingly resembels the assassins or Hashishin(Druggers)Like Altaire

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JoelEzioPinto:
The Actual Line is 'Nothing is Forbidden, Everything is Permitted' and it was origanated from From an Article; The Old Man Of The Mountains about assassins that shockingly resembels the assassins or Hashishin(Druggers)Like Altaire

But man, that sounds lame, I rather have nothing is true.

JoelEzioPinto
07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoelEzioPinto:

But man, that sounds lame, I rather have nothing is true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yea i would rather have nothing is true aswell but It is what it is :/...Read an article called The Old Man In The Mouintains,and or and read my thread =}

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by JoelEzioPinto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoelEzioPinto:

But man, that sounds lame, I rather have nothing is true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yea i would rather have nothing is true aswell but It is what it is :/...Read an article called The Old Man In The Mouintains,and or and read my thread =} </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read your thread. I didn't say it's not true, since Nothing is True, I just said it's lame http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Iskander_Estel
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
forbidden or true...
well... both sound very romantic to me...
what is forbidden and what is true? Notihing... Everything is permited...

The answer is the same for both questions... so i think maybe ther`s no much diference betwin them
at the end... Everything is permited...

Danvish
07-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
forbidden or true...

The answer is the same for both questions... so i think maybe ther`s no much diference betwin them

Point is, saying "Nothing is forbbiden, everything is premitted" is like saying the same thing. However, "Nothing is True, Everything is Premitted" is a different thing, because the first phrase and the 2nd complete each other.

Iskander_Estel
07-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
forbidden or true...

Point is, saying "Nothing is forbbiden, everything is premitted" is like saying the same thing. However, "Nothing is True, Everything is Premitted" is a different thing, because the first phrase and the 2nd complete each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that is true, you got a point
but then again forbidden sound more... well you know... but your raight "Nothing is true everything is permited"... Whit it you could say everything Assassin`s Creed is all about