PDA

View Full Version : My (not even remotely close to) awesome online experience

JasonDaPsycho
06-18-2010, 05:54 AM
I have never ever ranted about a single game so much to a point where I have to do so in the official forum just to make a freaking point.
First of all, I'm totally new here, but that doesn't matter.

Now, let's take a look at my 4 attempted playthroughs of the first level on the campaign (because that's the only level I tried as a matchmaking option). Of course, I only count those which I can successfully find a match partner. Otherwise, it would have been unfair. You know dozens of times of waiting over 5 minutes for a match and eventually giving up. Taking that into account would've been really unfair to say the least.

For my first attempt, I found a guy and we successfully made it into the room with the large chandelier. Eventually I was shot to dead by those evil henchmen. My partner might hated me and decided to leave the game. That was probably two weeks ago.

For the next three attempts, they all happened today, just half an hour ago before I started talking to myself about how I should have just pirated this game since the experience won't be that much of a difference anyway.

Now the second attempt, I successfully made it into the game again. However the controls were incredibly out of sync and I couldn't even land an accurate headshot. In a matter of seconds, the session ended due connection out of sync issues. Great.

The third attempt is even better. Epic beyond belief as I would like to describe. I made it past the cutscene, and the game crashed as Archer and Kestrel climbs up to the ledge from the dirty river.
Same for my last attempt.
And by crashed I mean no response from my computer for 30 seconds.

So now I can't help but wonder, why a game named Grand Theft Auto IV has a better multiplayer experience? The game has amazing graphics, a large environment, complicated physics, and allow 32 players to be playing on the same damn map. Still somehow after all those features supposedly being liabilities, its multiplayer experience still owns this game's multiplayer. And even if we judge it by that game's second patch, most issues were already fixed. And then we look at this game - on to its third patch and we still can't get a passable experience.

Oh and did I mention, I'm actually having problems with the cutscene's audio as well. At times the audio just screws up and keep repeating itself.

And no, I wasn't trying to push the game to its max when my rig can't handle jack. Mine isn't an awesome rig but it's decent.
A computer consisting of Intel E8500 CPU, 3 GB ram (DDR2) and a Geforce 9600GT 1GB VRAM (DDR3) should be able to run this at medium settings with no problem.

As I've stated in my review of this game on some other forums, I liked the ideas. But man did the connection sucked. I want game developers to make good games. I don't just come in here hating or something. I give criticisms.
So here's one thing and the game developers can really suck on that:
focus on making your game better rather than coming up ways with screwing with your customers and fans (namely DRM).

Oh and one thing, for whatever reasons, I fully expect this thread to get banned. I just want to voice out my opinions and hopefully someone will get to read it. That's all.

Tengux
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Read it... ^^

EliteForceGames
06-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by JasonDaPsycho:
. Mine isn't an awesome rig but it's decent.
A computer consisting of Intel E8500 CPU, 3 GB ram (DDR2) and a Geforce 9600GT 1GB VRAM (DDR3) should be able to run this at medium settings with no problem.

hate to tell you this but my PC is slightly better and i can barely run it on low settings, so either your graphics need to be on LOW, not just something on Low all Low, or your pc is screwed up with bloatware/adware or viruses.