PDA

View Full Version : Hosting on HL

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 02:50 AM
If you have a few moments, please join my server.

It is newbie-friendly (icons, externals, optional-cockpit, no clouds) since these servers attract crowds. I am collecting hosting statistics and need players.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

You favorite airplane here.
Now you are all happy.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 02:50 AM
If you have a few moments, please join my server.

It is newbie-friendly (icons, externals, optional-cockpit, no clouds) since these servers attract crowds. I am collecting hosting statistics and need players.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Now you are all happy.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 02:55 AM
BaldieJr,

I would have clouds in a newbie server.
When a new guy gets on my server the first thing I teach him is "hide in the clouds and jump out in a favorable position".

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Bun-Bun

&lt;script>var YourPicName="http://home.attbi.com/~argylestransom/Pics/Bun.gif"; var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

<center>
http://home.attbi.com/~argylestransom/Pics/p-39Q.jpg

</center>

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 04:19 AM
I just went with the settings of the servers with lots of players. I assume that these settings are attractive to the majority.

At this point, I just want performance data.. kind of a test-run before building a dedicated machine.

Unfortunately, it seems WinXP has decided to hiccup during my testing, so I need to restart the server /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Now you are all happy.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 04:35 AM
Hrm. Needs periods as filler. Oh well, its now my sig.

<center><font face="Courier New">
*..........BaldieJr,..........*
*..._________..._________.....*
*.......|....\ /....|.........*
*.....__|.._( X )_..|__.......*
*.........../...\.............*
*..........'.....'............*
*.Whiners don't play vulchers.*
*........(er, winners)........*
</font></center>

Message Edited on 06/17/0312:24AM by BaldieJr

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 05:15 AM
Heyyas baldie! I was in your server late last night/really early this morning and I had a great time. I was the one who dive bombed that 109 you had carelessly left parked on the tarmac as you were sleeping. I had jumped in to the server and I was all alone. [exept for the 109...] I thought:cool! I can see if there are good ground targets and get a little bombing practice in. I loved all the industrial targets near the northern airbases! I had only been in about 5 min when I noticed another flyer joining in so I gave him a ~S~ and no response. Ok, I thought and kept flying. Right after that I had huge lag, followed by a timeout msg. when I got back out to HL I saw about 6 people had joined the room. I think my little laptop crashed at the thought of all those ppl joining at the same time. I jumped back in and had lots and lots of lag from some specific players, one in particular was warping all over the place.[It was a russian name, started with a 'c'..damn! can't remember it...] As I was flying my stizuka, I noticed the awesome AAA you had set up. Just for lag's sake, you may want to tone it down just a little[not for my sake, as I like the challenge of flak supression and I also used my own AAA as a defense] but that's just from the low tech arena. All in all, I liked how you had it set up. I know you hate pit off but if you change it please have externals left on for us voyeuristic types. Also I wouldn't mind more ground targets but I will not complain either way, I'll just fly . That is my 2 cents and I had a great time and I hope this was the kind of feedback you were looking for.

<marquee>Stukageschwader 77 : Soon coming to an
- airbase near you. </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the feedback StG77_Klauen.

I begged and pleaded for one of Crazyivans' maps and he graciously gave me the hookup. The flak is much more bearable now. LOTS of ground targets too.

The server is running, I'm going to bed. Have fun.

<center><font face="Courier New">
*..........BaldieJr,..........*
*..._________..._________.....*
*.......|....\ /....|.........*
*.....__|.._( X )_..|__.......*
*.........../...\.............*
*..........'.....'............*
*.Whiners don't play vulchers.*
*........(er, winners)........*
</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 06:42 AM