PDA

View Full Version : Complex engine managment

pielkop
03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Ok granted that my gunnery skills are sorely lacking i was wondering would complex angine managment make the plane fly faster and better as aposed to turning CEM off .I was just wondering because nomatter what plane i fly i can never seem to catch up to my "target" even when i fly the same plane as the "target" .thanks in advance

knightflyte
03-27-2007, 01:58 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm

Here's a whole article on Complex Engine Management and how it relates to FB/IL2 '46.

One of the SUCKY things about this game is that AI makes perfect use of CEM and Angle of Attack/FMs. It's frustrating sometimes...other times it's down right maddening.

You never will catch him. You can bait him by running and hopefully he'll turn around. From there it's usually not to hard to be sucessful at downing an AI pilot.

I love this game. But there are times I feel like the game cheats. You learn to deal with it and find exploits to your advantage. I wish those exploits were more like actual WW2 fighter techniques.

I feel more important than CEM is energy bleed. If you can keep your speed up with consistant and smooth airplane manuevers you'll do well.

It is what it is. C'est la vie.