PDA

View Full Version : Request: Support for Wireless 360 Controller

TheExodu5
05-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Just a request to UbiSoft: we need support for the wireless 360 controller! The game recognizes it as a regular controller, and this is a problem since the triggers are recognized as the Z-axis, and are therefore unusable as buttons. Sadly, the game is pretty unplayable because of this.

I was looking forward to the new patch since I figured it wouldn't be hard to include at assumed it was coming soon, but still no support! Pretty frustrating when the 360 controller is fairly widely supported on the PC platform.

So I'm just throwing this request out in the air again hoping that Ubi might be inclined to add support. Thanks!

dacoolstas
05-13-2008, 05:03 PM
odd, if you read the "readme.txt" file on the game disk, it clearly says that the only controller it supports is the 360 controller.

but maybe its the fact that it is wireless, i dunno.

TheExodu5
05-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by dacoolstas:
odd, if you read the "readme.txt" file on the game disk, it clearly says that the only controller it supports is the 360 controller.

but maybe its the fact that it is wireless, i dunno.

Yeah the wired and wireless 360 controller react differently hardware wise and have different Device IDs, so they're not perfectly interchangeable. Both have to be supported individually.

It's just kind of frustrating since this game needs a gamepad to feel right. I love the game, but I'm waiting until the wireless 360 controller is supported properly to keep playing.

FYTJ
05-13-2008, 06:31 PM
This game does not necessarily need a gamepad to feel right, in my opinion. Sure, the controls take some time to get used to on the keyboard but once you managed to do it they feel very natural and comfortble, actually. Maybe you can try using the keyboard again. Who knows, you might find out they're not that difficult for you. Don't give up! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TheExodu5
05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by FYTJ:
This game does not necessarily need a gamepad to feel right, in my opinion. Sure, the controls take some time to get used to on the keyboard but once you managed to do it they feel very natural and comfortble, actually. Maybe you can try using the keyboard again. Who knows, you might find out they're not that difficult for you. Don't give up! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hehe, to be honest, I haven't really tried the keyboard yet. I've done other things while putting this game off. I'm sure I could live with them, as I had no problem with Prince of Persia. Also, I could always hook up my Dualshock 3 through USB and use that. It's just a little frustrating that the most widely used PC controller out there is not fully supported. I think it's great that they supported the XBCD for the wired version, but sadly, I don't have the wired controller. I kind of bought the controller primarily for this game (and Trackmania) since the game documentation stated the 360 controller was supported, so this ordeal is just a tad frustrating.

Bobfish_Almight
05-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm using a 2in1 DT by Thrustmaster. It doesn't have vibration, but it works like a charm