PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning ingame Parkour/Attacks

Wildeyedjokr
11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok, so I was just thinking about some of the parkour and Assassins Creed, and my mind wandered to rememberance of the one video...the latest one where you kill (Forget his name, in the cinamatic part he's argueing with Richard the Lion Heart about trust) and he Jumps from a building onto his target...And I thought, "How high can you go to do that?" Since this game is all about realism, I wondered...How high is the limit to assassianate without dying? Such as, if you did a Leap of Faith height jump to kill someone, Would you be able to even jump to him? Or would you just die? Or would it be like the game Tenchu Z, Where you can jump from the top of the map and still live, just if you hit X at the right time to come cutting down a person. Also the whole thinking of Parkour, I started thinking how cool it would be to walk through crowds just assassinating random guards on the street, and running away.... So I thought.

Can you grab Ledges with the Wrist blade equipt/out to attack with? Since it would block your hand from the wall? Or can you still get a unrealistic two hand grip on it?
Just something I've been pondering for the last day.

MrMoo333
11-04-2007, 03:29 PM
The video was on William DeMonferrat (sp?) and i would say about 2-3 maybe 4 stories. And Yeah you can assassinate random guards but i doubt you can have a weapon equipped whilst you climb, but it would be sweet!

Lordgrunty11
11-04-2007, 03:32 PM
he most likely just holsters his weapon when you go to climb automatically

deskpe
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
leapf of fait always ends in a safe place, you cant do leap of fait + another thing at once

I THINK

Azzerwazzer1191
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
you could too get a 2 hand grip with the hidden blade out! (eew)

think about it... his blade comes from the shank on the inner side of his left wrist and fills the gap where his ring finger should be... so he could still grab with his other fingers without it getting in the way...

but yeah it probably retracts when you grab a ledge lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Kaxen6
11-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I think someone said that the higher you do a jump to assassinate someone, the harder it is to time it right. I dunno the limit on the height.

Assassinating guards is fun. It takes them a second to realize they're dead and get all crumpled on the floor while you walk off and then other guards are like "Who did this?!"

I don't think you can climb with the wrist blade out.