PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions about this game,

BrunoGruber27
03-16-2007, 04:07 AM
I hear that this game has a return to port feature? so that you can end a patrol when ever your out of ammo, well how do you use this feature?, i start in Brest in 1940, 1st flottia, I am sent to BE61, so i go and patrol for 24 hours and when that was done, i caught a convoy coming up from Gilbator heading to liverpool, not just any convoy, A T3 TANKER convoy with a troop transportand Destoryer! each ship is about 11,708 tons, so i sit there and pick them off one buy one and i make sure the Destoryer is the first and now my ammo is all gone and everytime i try to exit a patrol is says i died, and i wasnt even attacked, how do i end a patrol with out this happening?, i have found that there is a werid mission when you are apart of the 29th flotilla in La Spezia, they send you to CH53 and just after you finish the 24 hour patrol, it says that you get a contact radio message, so i view it and it says to stop a stolened german Z class Destoryer by sinken it, Werid stuff.........anyways any help would be great on how to finish a patrol with them saying you died.........

syndicated_CDN
03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
well i dont know who you heard that from, but its not true, you have to mostly return to base yourself in this game to get full credit for your sinkings.
If you come within 30km of your home base and press ESC, you will see "Dock At: Brest" or whatever your base is, click on that and everything will be fine.

HW3
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
You can return to base from anywhere as long as you are not playing at 100% realism, otherwise you must do as syndicated_CDN said.

BrunoGruber27
03-17-2007, 07:49 AM
OHHHH ok, So i do have to return to a certain distance within the port, thats cool, I heared of this "Return To Port Feature" off of a game review, but it would figure that the guy dont know jack,

Is there a reason why it take's 2 torpeado's to sink one T3 tanker or is that just because that it is a very large ship?

Foehammer-1
03-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Instead of gasoline it may carry fuel oil, or even better, canola oil (and i'm not joking aout that one). So the ship will not blow up if it carries those oils. If you hit the engine room with a magnetic shot, however, it is an almost 100% guearantee that the ship will sink

BrunoGruber27
03-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info And i know your not kidding about the canola oil, My Grandfather plays this game with me and he served on a Tanker in WWII and he said that they hauled canola oil most of the time, anyways i only have one more question then i will stop bugging ya, I am not into editing files and all but a friend of mine told me that if i go in to the data folder cfg, basic that he can show me how to edit the crew's moral and and make it so they are not fatiuge, is this a wise move? because i have heared from other people that this cause's problems with the game, i mean all i do is make sure i have a medic or 2 on the boat and that takes care of things for me,

geoffwessex
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Sinking tankers....

You put a hole in a cargo ship and the sea rushes in to the void - result = negative buoyancy - it sinks.

You put a hole in a tanker and (unless it explodes) the liquid on the outside is in no rush to get to the liquid inside - result = neutral buoyancy. Add the other hollow parts of the tanker and neutral buoyancy becomes positive buoyancy. The answer? The tanker needs more holes or an explosion.

More or less.

Foehammer-1
03-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BrunoGruber27:
Thanks for the info And i know your not kidding about the canola oil, My Grandfather plays this game with me and he served on a Tanker in WWII and he said that they hauled canola oil most of the time, anyways i only have one more question then i will stop bugging ya, I am not into editing files and all but a friend of mine told me that if i go in to the data folder cfg, basic that he can show me how to edit the crew's moral and and make it so they are not fatiuge, is this a wise move? because i have heared from other people that this cause's problems with the game, i mean all i do is make sure i have a medic or 2 on the boat and that takes care of things for me,

I suggest you don't touch the cfg files. You can get Commander and set "no fatigue" option. However, I do not do that. You have to score 40,000 tons or better, and you can award Iron Cross in Gold to your crew. This makes them immune to fatigue. Right now, all my officers, 2 radiomen, 2 torpedomen, 2 engineers, 1 watchman and a few regular crew have crosses in gold. Nobody gets deathly tired now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BrunoGruber27
03-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh Ok, cool, no i didnt touch the CFG file thing, i figured that is better left alone, I like the fact that you can have as many medics as you want,