PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Patch Requirements :(

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:16 AM
I`m a little worried about specs needed with IL2/FB patch. The patch release notes put them to be quite high (over 2 gig). I tried the beta patch 8 and noticed that the famous stutters seemed to be back on Leningrad. I went onto Lvov- there too on first Campaign mission when AAA starts firing. Also stutter when approaching enemy planes (especially the Zerstorers). I cut down settings to average. Still stutters. My FPS has not fallen from unpatched version to patch beta.
Now, thankfully, this is a beta so I went onto SimHq and left my notes on this and also noticed other peeps had this worry.
With luck this will be certainly ironed out.

I really do not wish to have to purchase a 3-4 gig machine with a ninja graphics card (again!) for FB. This sim is the only game in which I upgraded just for ie:

XP.
New Motherboard.
Boost to 1gig Ram.
New Audigy Soundcard.
New Optical Mouse.
New graphics (will have to get another soon).
New Keyboard.

All for IL2/FB! Never have I spent so much just for a sim. NO other game has done this! A PATCH should not force me to do so again.

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:16 AM
I`m a little worried about specs needed with IL2/FB patch. The patch release notes put them to be quite high (over 2 gig). I tried the beta patch 8 and noticed that the famous stutters seemed to be back on Leningrad. I went onto Lvov- there too on first Campaign mission when AAA starts firing. Also stutter when approaching enemy planes (especially the Zerstorers). I cut down settings to average. Still stutters. My FPS has not fallen from unpatched version to patch beta.
Now, thankfully, this is a beta so I went onto SimHq and left my notes on this and also noticed other peeps had this worry.
With luck this will be certainly ironed out.

I really do not wish to have to purchase a 3-4 gig machine with a ninja graphics card (again!) for FB. This sim is the only game in which I upgraded just for ie:

XP.
New Motherboard.
Boost to 1gig Ram.
New Audigy Soundcard.
New Optical Mouse.
New graphics (will have to get another soon).
New Keyboard.

All for IL2/FB! Never have I spent so much just for a sim. NO other game has done this! A PATCH should not force me to do so again.