PDA

View Full Version : Server set up

Petrosky
01-10-2005, 06:21 AM
I know there are links to run the new server. But i must be dense because i can get the server to run on one machine and join it with other, but i cant get the control panel or whatever you call it to show up anywhere .Its the panel that shows whos joined whats running and kick bann section. anybody help?

Troll2k
01-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Are you running the dedicated server software?

It runs in a dos box and all functions are done from the command line.

No game video,audio,or stick input.

Petrosky
01-10-2005, 01:31 PM
thanks for reply troll yea run the dedicated from dos. but i had this set up months ago when it was ver. 204 and besides the dos window i had another control that was brought up somehow and could see who was there and could kick and bann from it also showed which map was running. puter crashed and has took this long to replace parts and get running again just cant remember how i got the second window up was a nice set up but i cant rember ?

Petrosky
01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
ok troll found some info on control center my buddie that helped me set it up the first time said it was someone elses control center made for this server. does that ring a bell? anybody have any idea what this was?

HelSqnProtos
01-10-2005, 08:07 PM
If I am not mistaken this may be the link you are looking for http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=542002927

Troll2k
01-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I seem to recall something about a 3rd party server gui.but I know nothing about it.Sorry.

But typing help at the command prompt in the dos box will give you the list of commands and syntax.

If you do a search(provided it is working)for "dedicated server" there was a thread back in June(I think) about a 3rd party gui.

Petrosky
01-11-2005, 07:16 AM
yep thats the program thanks guys. now another situation i have been following ivans guide to set up config. files but he has lines of info. in his config. files that are not present in mine im guessing that he added these lines?

Petrosky
01-11-2005, 09:25 AM
ok the add on command center is an updated version of the original that i ran, but this is all in german i guess so im having troubles with it. any way to get an english version of it, its il2 center gui. program. or must i learn german!