PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Darby McDevitt

EzioAssassin51
10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted to whatever everyone but check out this relatively new interview with Darby where he talks a bit about ACR and some things with Altair's story and the gameplay in Constantinople. For me, a fair amount of the info is new so I dunno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIRf799ZOQ

One thing that caught my attention was at around 6:00 when he begins to talk about Constantinople and other cities in the game. At around 6:50 a hidden city outside of Constantinople which is very large and is open to free-roam!!
What do you guys think of that? Like that fact we will have another city we can free-roam in?

Moultonborough
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
That was a good interview. I wish he said more about Desmond though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif. Oh well.. it was still worth it though I can't wait any longer. Is it November?

rileypoole1234
10-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Hmmm. I wonder what he means when he says "You can go on missions with your Assassins." It would be very cool if we could go around Europe with them, but I doubt it. I also love the fact that we don't have to use the hookblade if we don't want to, I think it's great that we can choose when to use and and when not to. Great interview. I'm also glad we have official confirmation of free roam in other cities.

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
This is a decent interview. I fully expected this to be one I've already seen but I was pleasantly surprised http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks for the post.

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
HAH!

Darby confirms that they're considering TWCB DNA being the cause of how epic Ezio is!

Of course if they haven't referenced it in the story, it's not canon, but still, it's a legit explanation now.

EDIT:
AND he confirms that there is both a hookblade and a normal blade in the hookblade gauntlet!!!

Dralight
10-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Hmmm. I wonder what he means when he says "You can go on missions with your Assassins." It would be very cool if we could go around Europe with them, but I doubt it. I also love the fact that we don't have to use the hookblade if we don't want to, I think it's great that we can choose when to use and and when not to. Great interview. I'm also glad we have official confirmation of free roam in other cities.

I think he was talking about the missions you can take your assassins on once they are ready to become a master assassin. I hope those missions take place in different areas around Europe too, that would be awesome.

Krayus Korianis
10-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Cool interview. I honestly can't wait for November >.< It's gonna be awesome.

40 more days >.<

Moultonborough
10-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Yes, it will. I can't wait anymore. But I'm being good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

ajl992008
10-06-2011, 09:29 AM
im dissapointed about what he said about altair, the part we saw in the gamescom demo was 5 minute long ( i checked) so we r only get 15-20 minutes of altair gameplay per seal so thats only around 1 hour the entire game, i was hoping for 3-5 hours of altair gameplay for the entire game so this dissapoints me

Assassin_M
10-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
im dissapointed about what he said about altair, the part we saw in the gamescom demo was 5 minute long ( i checked) so we r only get 15-20 minutes of altair gameplay per seal so thats only around 1 hour the entire game, i was hoping for 3-5 hours of altair gameplay for the entire game so this dissapoints me
wait what ?
we dont know exactly how long each memory will be, and I dont think thats the beginning of the 1st seal, I actually think It`ll show us his father`s death and how he comes to hate Abbas and besides, Almualim still says that the fight isnt over at Masyaf

Blacktupac20
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM

5 minutes ? it was only 3 minutes and a third of the whole mission , slowly i think Altair will get only 40 - 45 minutes of gameplay if we have luck , notably becouse darby marked that its an ezio game and altair just get a small Story. Really disappointing This interview..

eagleforlife1
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Blacktupac20:
Really disappointing This interview..

Not for those of us who prefer Ezio to Altair.

SwimmableSleet7
10-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Noo DA VINCI, Nooo!!

ProletariatPleb
10-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

One thing that caught my attention was at around 6:00 when he begins to talk about Constantinople and other cities in the game. At around 6:50 a hidden city outside of Constantinople which is very large and is open to free-roam!!
What do you guys think of that? Like that fact we will have another city we can free-roam in?

They had already confirmed this, it's Cappadocia.

ajl992008
10-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajl992008:
wait what ?
we dont know exactly how long each memory will be, and I dont think thats the beginning of the 1st seal, I actually think It`ll show us his father`s death and how he comes to hate Abbas and besides, Almualim still says that the fight isnt over at Masyaf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darby says that is 1/3 of the memory and if its 5 minutes long then logically its 15 minutes and each memory will probably b a similar size, dont get me wrong i hope im wrong because i want them to be longer

ajl992008
10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajl992008:

5 minutes ? it was only 3 minutes and a third of the whole mission , slowly i think Altair will get only 40 - 45 minutes of gameplay if we have luck , notably becouse darby marked that its an ezio game and altair just get a small Story. Really disappointing This interview.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yh it was 3 mins and that is the only thing that is bugging me aboutv the game, if altair had more gametime and free roam then this would even beat ac2 in my book but we will see, i also hoped acre would be free roam but doesnt seem so but not a big deal, i really want the altair gameplay done properly other i will be dissapointed as i was acbs main storyline length which was only 10hours compared to ac2s 20 hours.

Blacktupac20
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Yh it was 3 mins and that is the only thing that is bugging me aboutv the game, if altair had more gametime and free roam then this would even beat ac2 in my book but we will see, i also hoped acre would be free roam but doesnt seem so but not a big deal, i really want the altair gameplay done properly other i will be dissapointed as i was acbs main storyline length which was only 10hours compared to ac2s 20 hours.

Exactly , but the way he talked about his parts it seems that they dont really care about him

DylanJosh9
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Wow. I was under the impression that the 3 min Altair demo they showed was the WHOLE mission. So this news that it was only 1/3rd made me pretty happy.

reach2001
10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
hi can you add me to budies and also whats up

ajl992008
10-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by HarshJaguar3:
Wow. I was under the impression that the 3 min Altair demo they showed was the WHOLE mission. So this news that it was only 1/3rd made me pretty happy.

lol but think about it the cristina missions form acb were 10 minutes each and there were 5 or 6 of them and altair is meant to have a big part in the games narrative and the fact that he is on the frotn cover on the game makes people expect large gametime with him, i wasnt expecting 50/50 split betwen altair ezio but i was expecting more gametime for altair.

Dagio12
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM

Exactly , but the way he talked about his parts it seems that they dont really care about him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally understand why Altairs parts can only be super long and wont include free roam. They are trying to express his story within Revelations and really trying to paint those pictures and tell his story. That usually leads to some what shorter and slightly more linear sequences. However, I think they the interview shows that they really do care about him and want to share his story. I think they have worked really hard to create really creative and captivating sequences for him. They may not be super long but in my opinion.. its A)still Ezios game... and B) I think it will be quality of his story over quantity of his gameplay that will make him shine.

Dralight
10-06-2011, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HarshJaguar3:

lol but think about it the cristina missions form acb were 10 minutes each and there were 5 or 6 of them and altair is meant to have a big part in the games narrative and the fact that he is on the frotn cover on the game makes people expect large gametime with him, i wasnt expecting 50/50 split betwen altair ezio but i was expecting more gametime for altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10 minutes each? The last Cristina mission was no more than a minute long...

Anyway, i think we'll get a sufficient amount of play time as Altair throughout his 5 sequences. As SF2themax said, it's about quality over quantity with Altairs segments and Ubi are going to be using some of the most significant points in his life in the game to make each Altair sequence memorable.

Assassin_M
10-06-2011, 01:22 PM
DEV DIARYYYYYYY !!!!!! Behind the Revelation..
cant link to youtube cuz of the age restriction

https://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed

ProletariatPleb
10-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Let me help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIVOnplaMg0

Assassin_M
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Let me help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIVOnplaMg0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This Forum thanks you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I hope that the Altiar missions are more like the War machines in length and not the Christina missions. The Christina missions seemed like they were less than side missions, and you only gained them from having a higher sync.