PDA

View Full Version : New Expansion - Battle of Britain?

SimplyUnreal
11-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Did you know about this?
I found news of this new IL2/FB expansion coming in 2005. Awesome! Is this legit?

Some info here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/thebattleofbritain/news_6076412.html

Fennec_P
11-26-2004, 08:33 PM
BoB will be a standalone title. It will differ more for the current line of addons, and hopefully have all the nifty features people have been wanting (eg. customizable weather).

If you look in some of the older development updates, you will see some pictures of BoB stuff.

SimplyUnreal
11-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Yup, found some images here of what is to come.

http://www.flying-legends.net/php/gallery/viewgallery.php

Lethal_Hobo
11-27-2004, 09:11 AM
As far as the new aircraft, there's not much to see, but I like the potential the campaign would have http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Snootles
11-27-2004, 09:15 AM
The two most exciting things in this game for me are what looks like a very detailed new interior damage model, and the prospect of night-fighters with working radar(!)

The BoB (and the ETO in general) just doesn't float some people's boats, but I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully there will eventually be an FAA campaign with Sea Gladiators, Sea Hurricanes, Fulmars, and what-have-you.

Wolf-Strike
11-27-2004, 11:42 AM
The most exciting thing for me is "what will maddox do to the FM".We will be getting some kool realsitic additions to the fM making it more immersion.

Also,Oleg said that the BOB planes will be worked on individually at a much higher level.Cant wait!!

Mjollnir111675
11-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah there is a positive step to the future!!

"Lets work on a whole other sim before the one we have out now is even finished!!"

I guess that explains everything huh??

DuxCorvan
11-27-2004, 02:54 PM
I really wonder which computer will be able of manage such detail level... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

triggerhappyfin
11-27-2004, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mjollnir111675:
Yeah there is a positive step to the future!!

"Lets work on a whole other sim before the one we have out now is even finished!!"

I guess that explains everything huh?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plans for the future?

Mjollnir111675
11-27-2004, 03:55 PM
"Plans for the future"

Well juggling two sims is not looking to the future. Its dividing effort that can be better utilized by FOCUSING on one or the other.

And did you ever think the reason why they didnt complete PF was maybe cuz they committed themselves to another project before the first was ever finished??

Oh but ya always have UBI to blame right??
Seems the dev's fer shiii haven't any probs tellin them to wait. Seems like one big friggin smoke screen to me.
The more I read what everyone has to say bout the dev's ,publisher and other scapegoats it becomes crystal clear that they embarked upon another journey before they ever came home.
But todays earlier thread about a taboo topic really let me find out who is who in the whole @rse kissin peckin order that all of you fanboys have established.
And it really is a shame that most of you cant see the forest for the trees.
I've heard this and that about childish behavior and ppl being whiners but have any of you dedicated fanboys actually stood back and see what happens in yer own threads concerning fm's dm's or which plane will be next?? Hades ya fight amongst yerselves. Shall I give a reference?? But fer any new comer to voice their opinion you mostly all say "you haven't been around long enough."
I wonder why they dont hang round!!
Well I am not going anywhere!!

How can you expect progress when all of you accept what is given to you as great even when it is apparently un finished?? Oh but lets go back into the archives and lets read what some of you said bout the first patch. All of the sudden this this and that is fixed!! Wait a minute didnt most all of you say that there wasn't anything wrong with it when it was first released??? Further proof that none of you have a free mind nor a backbone to stand in what you believe.
Whats more most of you had the same stance BEFORE any of the patches were released. A clear sign of being jaded.
And my complaints are still the same.And they will always be the same.But most of the time I can wait.And I also realize that putting pressure on the dev's doesn't help a darned thing but c'mon people :Stand fer somethin or fall fer anything!!
Which I am afraid most of you have fallen.
And as far as this great support: I sure as hades hope so,how can they expect any game they release to work with so many probs with out support??Without the numerous patches the dev's would've been deep-6'ed long ago.
But I do understand where this lop sided loyalty is bred from.
One is from microshaft.Compared to them I suppose Oleg is great. But honestly is that sayin much? To me and most others it is NOT!!
This is the best flight sim. FER NOW. Then as soon as another comes along that is better and has all of what you want you will no longer be here.
And as far as the price fer admissiion : Look ya soft @rse I paid fer my game so that gives me rights to voice me opinion. Like it or not.
excuses is all I have ever heard here. From UBI to computer variables to a ****ed lowly flu virus!! Which by the way I feel is highly undermodeled!!
And to you Marxist Moderators go ahead and delete this post it is yer power trippin ability to do so. I guess you inherited the soviet right to keep info from the masses.
I've seen topics that were,to be sure nothing but derogatory but last night I saw a person get his thread locked just because he wanted to start a thread on what features that everyone would like.
But here is a question :did you ever think that maybe the reason he didnt post in olegs ready room was maybe cuz he felt that everyone was here or that maybe it wouldnt be acknowledged? Or maybe he felt that it pertained to pf and not the other games?
Of course not!! Just more power trippin by a person who probably got his @rse beat in high school so they feel that now that they have some meek internet power that they can act like "Tha Man".
And lastly if I had to serve with any of you spineless know it alls I dont believe any of you would've made it past Boots. Need a spine to do that!!!

Mjollnir111675
11-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Bump and.......Lock!!!!

RobertNighthawk
11-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Read the rules. It's a private forum board. No implicit rights exist here because you bought the game. Since its a private board they may run it as they see fit so you may rail as you like but you are wasting your time typing.

Btw, "unfinished"?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif You ever play Silent Hunter II? It did almost nothing it promised to do until the fans of the game paid to have the code fixed. I paid the same for it as I did this game and we get updates and patches regularly, even free add-ons.

And don't worry, I think some of the mods will show you that they have spines. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AtEaseGentlemen
11-27-2004, 06:16 PM
"You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadaliac Eldarado Convertable,
Hot Pink!
With whale skin hub caps,
An all leather cow interior...."

AtEaseGentlemen
11-27-2004, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AtEaseGentlemen:
"You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado Convertable,
Hot Pink!
With whale skin hub caps,
An all leather cow interior...." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tully__
11-27-2004, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mjollnir111675:
....stuff... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pacific Fighters wasn't part of the original game plan AFAIK, so you can hardly blame BoB for taking developer attention away from PF. Maybe the other way 'round though....

heywooood
11-27-2004, 07:41 PM
no kidding, Tully?...I thought it was part of the original plan/progression. hmmmmm.

So Ilya pushed for this one...or was it delegated to him after someone else suggested it or was it from the community...that vaunted, yet underappreciated wealth of intellect and spastic psychosis you all love so much..?

james_ander
11-27-2004, 09:41 PM
So when's it comin' out?

vertical453
11-27-2004, 09:56 PM
you just posted in a topic in which you didnt even read the first post. Pretty sad.

Snootles
11-27-2004, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bump and.......Lock!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the Dark Side. I sense much hate in you...

IBTL

buz13
11-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Date on that article:
By Justin Calvert, GameSpot POSTED: 10/06/03 06:39 AM