PDA

View Full Version : AC2 install promblem

kokum02
10-20-2011, 09:43 AM
my install will not get past this point for assassins creed 2, can i get any help, its not the cd because i took the first one back and exchanged it,

ac2 promblem.png

kokum02
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
well it says

Feature: newfeature1
component: dataPC_firenze
file: e:/data5.cab
error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

TheLeoCrow
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Cyclic redundancy errors are either related to a faulty disk or a failing dvd drive. Check if you can copy data5.cab to your hard drive and then check the same thing on another computer. If you can do it on other computers but not on your own then it's the drive that has a problem. If you can copy this file on your hard disk, then also copy all the rest and run the installer from your hard disk instead of the dvd

NathanielV26
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I've tried to copy Data5.cab onto another computer and I still have the same error "cyclic redundancy check". I have returned the Ultimate Collection 3 times and I still get the same error. I tried to install it onto one of my computers and an friend computer who has a gaming compter, still I have the same issue. Obviously, the patch of DVD's for the Assassin's Creed II has the proiblem. Does any one have the same issue.

Encore representative told me they have a sign contract with Ubisoft that states they are reponsible for the support of Assassin's Creed II, but they are not aware of this contract. I need help..

Barr3lR0ll
04-26-2012, 09:44 PM
I can't even install mine, its the Ultimate Edition. It just crashes when I try to run the installer and the CD name is VTMB (VAMPIRES THE MASQUERADE BLOODLINES?!) Pretty weird :confused:

nyrmetros
05-04-2012, 10:21 PM
well it says

Feature: newfeature1
component: dataPC_firenze
file: e:/data5.cab
error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I just bought this game today and I am having the same exact problem! I just upgraded the firmware on my Samsung DVD burner and tested my DVD burner on 5 other games (all of them new) and I had no problems, but only with Assasin's Creed 2. So what the hell is going on??? This seems to be a common problem from what I am reading online. I actually returned the first copy I bought to Microcenter because i thought the DVD was bad. But now this is the second disc. So what the hell is the solution?

Black_Widow9
05-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Some older DVD drives have trouble reading dual layer media such as the Assassin's Creed PC DVD disc. Please visit your DVD drive manufacturer's website Support section and install the latest firmware for your drive as this will resolve the issue in many cases.

If you are still having an issue please contact Ubisoft Support. You can find the link in my signature.

nyrmetros
05-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I am copying the game from the DVD to the HD and hopefully it will install error free from there???

nyrmetros
05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Some older DVD drives have trouble reading dual layer media such as the Assassin's Creed PC DVD disc. Please visit your DVD drive manufacturer's website Support section and install the latest firmware for your drive as this will resolve the issue in many cases.

If you are still having an issue please contact Ubisoft Support. You can find the link in my signature.

I did upgrade the firmware for the Samsung DVD burner today. The drive is only from 2009.

nyrmetros
05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I am copying the game from the DVD to the HD and hopefully it will install error free from there???

Didn't work. Still stopping on the cab 5 file.......

nyrmetros
05-06-2012, 05:55 AM
I am still baffled. I should not need to buy a new dvd drive just to install this game. AC2 is marked down to $10. MY DVD drive is from 2009. Make no sense.

nyrmetros
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
So any additional thoughts ???

Madangry
05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Check your disk. If you have the "Encore" edition, there is a known issue with some of the disks that were pressed. Their contact information is listed on the disc, you will need to contact them for a replacement.

nyrmetros
05-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Check your disk. If you have the "Encore" edition, there is a known issue with some of the disks that were pressed. Their contact information is listed on the disc, you will need to contact them for a replacement.

Yea it's the encore version that includes AC 1 & 2. I already own the AC 1 Directors cut edition, but the 2 pack was only $10 while AC 2 by itself was $20.

nyrmetros
05-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Where did you read that there is a factory issue with the encore version of AC 2?

nyrmetros
05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Any updates to this issue ????

nyrmetros
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1583&product_id=2876

Known issue finally on their support page.

The_Inventor
05-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I got the two pack, of AC1 and AC2, while AC1 took quite ahile to install, it works, and when I installed AC2, it initially took 1/2 of the time, then when I signed in it went to where they keep the update files, which did take awhile to download and install, and this was a few months ago, however everything worked and happily have played AC2 twice. I built my own PC, and got a BlueRay DVD R/W, for the movies and any disc that I might get and use, and it will read and write all of the current formats. If you have a name brand computer, there may be a problem there. :D

nyrmetros
05-20-2012, 02:59 AM
No such luck for me. :(

nyrmetros
05-22-2012, 12:59 AM
I wonder how long encore software will take to get back to me about the disc issue??

nyrmetros
05-23-2012, 02:41 AM
Well, encore contacted me via email and sent me a link to download the game and use my serial code I have from the DVD purchase. It's a 6 gig file, took me 20 minutes to dl from their server. It installed with no issues and I was able to play AC 2 this evening. Just a heads up !!

nyrmetros
05-28-2012, 04:31 AM
From the dvd?

drew565656
12-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Seriously UBISOFT have really been dropping the ball of late, and this is a perfect example.
those that can install, cant patch, or have frame rate issues, or multiplayer dc's.

UBISOFT, hire some play testers, use default consoles and pcs and learn about these bugs before your game is mainstream.

seriously think they just pumped this one out to make sure it was on the christmas buy list, pity all those who bought it regret it.

Alterian76
12-25-2012, 06:28 AM
I had this issue as well, got the Assassins Creed 1 & 2 combo pack at Target. After multiple attempts I wound up cleaning both the disc with a clean cotton cloth and the drive with a dvd cleaner disc. after that the install went fine. I wouldn't want to have to reinstall, think I just got lucky.

nyrmetros
12-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Even though I eventually got this working....I wound up downloading the digital version of AC2 Deluxe for $5 from Amazon out of principal.... That works fine.....

maxthebold
03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't know if my Ubisoft Exclusive Edition is an Encore version but I no longer get stuck while installing after simply wiping the disk with a wet piece of paper towel.

UbiHawk1ns
03-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Great to hear you were able to get it installed Max.

Are you guys still having issues installing the game? As indicated earlier in the thread, if you have the Encore release version, contact them for support and they should be able to get you squared away. Let me know if you are unable to .

kunaltokas
06-01-2013, 08:20 AM
:(:(:confused:
my install will not get past this point for assassins creed 2, can i get any help, its not the cd because i took the first one back and exchanged it,

ac2 promblem.png