PDA

View Full Version : Best High Altutude Climber & BnZer ???

Bagella
10-22-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm talking about in AEP.
I love the P-47 but I just wondered if there are many planes about that I should not try to simply climb away from around say 5-8000m. I know that there are lots below this level.
It would take a long time to run tests with the D-9's and the K-4's etc, and I just wondered if some of you guys knew?

In essence I am asking your informed opinions of which is the best Hi-altutude climber and BnZer ??

Bagella
10-22-2004, 09:10 AM
I love the P-47 but I just wondered if there are many planes about that I should not try to simply climb away from around say 5-8000m. I know that there are lots below this level.
It would take a long time to run tests with the D-9's and the K-4's etc, and I just wondered if some of you guys knew?

In essence I am asking your informed opinions of which is the best Hi-altutude climber and BnZer ??

LilHorse
10-22-2004, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bagella:

In essence I am asking your informed opinions of which is the best Hi-altutude climber and BnZer ?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll tell you both as hunter and hunted. For me when I'm in a server that is Eastern front I prefer early to mid-war 109s (year limited plane sets). I like these better than the late war 109s. In fact I fly 109s about 98% of the time. In such plane sets BnZ is the smart method for dealing with VVS.

Western front is a different story. I'll still usually take a 109 and I'll still more or less stick to a BnZ strategy. But here is where P-47s, P-38s, and P-51s are BnZ terrors. They are fast, fast, fast. And a good pilot will use this to his best advantage. These are IMHO the best BnZ planes. I've never flown a D-9 or Ta-152 nor have I had to fly against them much. So I can't say.

The190Flyer
10-22-2004, 12:52 PM
I agree with Lilhorse about American BnZ planes, P-51 or Jug will rip ya apart at high altitudes, I've noticed at heights above 5000m the 109 controls are weak for me. The Ta-152 gits the job done well because it was designed for high altitude fighting, its a 190 just different designation for the designer Kurt Tank hence the Ta. I like German planes for BnZ very much, but with altitudes above 5000 i'll take an allied plane or a Ta-152.

S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

a.k.a. BIFF P-51 PILOT in ubi.com lobbies

WUAF_Badsight
10-22-2004, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bagella:
In essence I am asking your informed opinions of which is the best Hi-altutude climber and BnZer ?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>there is one plane that dominates over 8K

the Jug

Zen--
10-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Most of the late war german planes have excellent high altitude climb rates. The problem is overheat time at maximum power, which is required for maximum climb rate. The engines get too hot and so effectively german fighters lose most of their ability to fight at high altitude, including the Ta152. This is one of the big reasons why the Jug is so dangerous up high...it gets very respectable climb rate at less than maximum power and can therefore sustain a climb for a very long time without overheating.

Anyone who has raced from 5k to 9k with a jug or spitfire on their 6 o'clock knows how important overheating is and this area is where german fighters just aren't competitive enough for the long fight.

_Neveraine_
10-22-2004, 05:09 PM
The 190's performance peaks around 5000 metres though?

Vipez-
10-22-2004, 05:14 PM
at 6k i believe

Zatorski
10-22-2004, 05:31 PM
try BnZ'ing in MIG 3U for a change of pace.

WUAF_Badsight
10-22-2004, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zen--:
Anyone who has raced from 5k to 9k with a jug or spitfire on their 6 o'clock knows how important overheating is and this area is where german fighters just aren't competitive enough for the long fight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
there is truth in their

Von_Rat
10-22-2004, 11:31 PM
i agree that the overheat on german planes is a servre disadvantage up high. especially in the ta152. the ta152 was supposed to be at home at hi alt, with overheat like it is spits and jugs can dominate it.

any idea if PF fixed this problem?