PDA

View Full Version : Iwo Jima RL vs Iwo Jima PF...

SeaFireLIV
05-25-2006, 04:08 AM
Recently I`ve been watching real life WWII footage of the attack on Iwo Jima.

There were quite a lot of aerial approach views and general view of the island...

To my amazement I was easily recognizing parts of the island, the airfield in the middle, the hill at one end, the odd shape - all from PF! Even the size looked accurate.

I always thought the PF version of Iwo was like a shortened version with everything reduced, but its actually very accurate. The real thing really did look like just a big mud place!

Good work, Oleg!

SeaFireLIV
05-25-2006, 04:08 AM
Recently I`ve been watching real life WWII footage of the attack on Iwo Jima.

There were quite a lot of aerial approach views and general view of the island...

To my amazement I was easily recognizing parts of the island, the airfield in the middle, the hill at one end, the odd shape - all from PF! Even the size looked accurate.

I always thought the PF version of Iwo was like a shortened version with everything reduced, but its actually very accurate. The real thing really did look like just a big mud place!

Good work, Oleg!

Top_Gun_1_0_1
05-25-2006, 01:41 PM
how come we encounter heavy aerial opposition in the campaign? theres no aerial opposition in RL!

VF-51-Dart
05-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Perhaps it has a little something to do with this being flight sim? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif