PDA

View Full Version : P38 Cockpit and Fuel Gauge

boardershrapnel
12-10-2004, 04:30 AM
Is it only me or does the P-38J cockpit have rainbow marks all over it especially under the left rudder pedal looking like the cockpit was not fully completed and I just flew a rather long mission and my fuel gauge didn't move one bit, does it even work?

boardershrapnel
12-10-2004, 04:30 AM
Is it only me or does the P-38J cockpit have rainbow marks all over it especially under the left rudder pedal looking like the cockpit was not fully completed and I just flew a rather long mission and my fuel gauge didn't move one bit, does it even work?

Tully__
12-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Yes it works. Like most of the aircraft in the game however, it appears to register less than the maximum fuel load. If you start with 100% fuel you could be flying for quite a long time before the fuel guage starts to drop from "full". I just test flew in Quick Mission Builder with 25% fuel and the lower guages (rear tanks) started at about 5 gallons each on rapidly hit zero, with the front tanks dropping after the rear tanks were empty.

VW-IceFire
12-10-2004, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boardershrapnel:
Is it only me or does the P-38J cockpit have rainbow marks all over it especially under the left rudder pedal looking like the cockpit was not fully completed and I just flew a rather long mission and my fuel gauge didn't move one bit, does it even work? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rainbow marks? This I gotta see!

I don't seem to have that in my cockpit. Not sure...