PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 01:43 AM
I just bought the original il 2 sturmovik for my brother and me..
we have not downloaded any patches or anything .
we are unable to play each other on line
both our firewalls are down and yet the trouble persists

Question 1:

do i need the patches to play him on line!

Question 2:

Do i need to indicate ip adresses if we want to play each other

2b: which ip adress, the server ip or the client ip

question 3:

do we need to link up to ubi.com to play each other on line?

Any help would be hugely appreciated..
remember i'm relatively new to the gaming world so if you have any suggestion. please spell them out for me in laymen's terms,,,
thanks a ton .....

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 01:43 AM
I just bought the original il 2 sturmovik for my brother and me..
we have not downloaded any patches or anything .
we are unable to play each other on line
both our firewalls are down and yet the trouble persists

Question 1:

do i need the patches to play him on line!

Question 2:

Do i need to indicate ip adresses if we want to play each other

2b: which ip adress, the server ip or the client ip

question 3:

do we need to link up to ubi.com to play each other on line?

Any help would be hugely appreciated..
remember i'm relatively new to the gaming world so if you have any suggestion. please spell them out for me in laymen's terms,,,
thanks a ton .....

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 06:34 AM
u can connet direct by typing in ur bros ip in the games multiplayer by actually opening the game up and clicking multiplayer.

Or by going onto ubi or hyperlobby and joining him through there.

as long as you both play with the same version you should be able to connect to him, disable those firewalls and if you two decide on getting the patches cause if you plan on playing anyone other than ur bro online u will need them. Get 1.1a first then 1.2 and unzip em to ur IL-2 folder. Ignore the other patches. (Probably best to get the patches that way u both can join the UBI test server if you end up trying ubi, this way u won't have to host)

If you try through ubi and u keep getting this timeout error then u must go to your IL-2 Setup which is right where the IL-2.exe is and all that stuff... open the IL-2 Setup up, click the network tab, then hopefully above the port number is an IP option.. click the ip option and choose the bottom chioce and apply and accept... This is only advice if you get a timeout error on UBI.

If you need more info on UBI pm me I can try and help or just ask... but if you wanna try out HL (is where most of the people are) then don't ask me cause I rarely go there.

Good luck, -=S=-