PDA

View Full Version : an animus question

heypeter17
03-18-2011, 05:24 PM
In general, when someone is viewing ancestors memories. (Desmond-Altair, Desmond-Ezio) Is Desmond in Ezio's body watching his past actions? Or is Desmond in Ezio's body actually performing these past actions?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

BioPulse.ps3
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
i believe desmond is in ezio's body so to speak. otherwise it would be passive like watching a movie. in fact if you do something that ezio/altair would not have done you are warned. ie if you hit/kill a civilian the animus warns you

Abeonis
03-19-2011, 06:05 AM
No, it's an over the shoulder view. Desmond is not in his ancestors' body, he's watching them. Desmond does have a degree of control over what happens, and he can control what happens, but he still has to follow what happened historically.

Ass4ssin8me
03-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Well, the instruction manual from number one Implys Desmond is using a controller? I don't understand what it means, but I assume they see, what we see on our screens. However I prefer Biopulses, theory.

magesupermaster
03-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Well, the instruction manual from number one Implys Desmond is using a controller? I don't understand what it means, but I assume they see, what we see on our screens. However I prefer Biopulses, theory.

In the manual it says that they switched the original Animus control scheme to that of 'standard video-game controls' to help subjects learn how to use the Animus better.

So you can say that Desmond controls Ezio/Altair.

persiateddy95
03-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
i believe desmond is in ezio's body so to speak. otherwise it would be passive like watching a movie. in fact if you do something that ezio/altair would not have done you are warned. ie if you hit/kill a civilian the animus warns you
This.

And with some other hints I'd say Desmond does control Altair/Ezio. It would also explain why both of the ancestors have Desmond's face.
And since Desmond was using the animus to gain their abilities, it all makes sense, me thinks.

ThaWhistle
03-19-2011, 03:53 PM
the first AC1 explains it

It's kind of a puppeteer system. You have control over their main movements. Its how they rather gracefully make the use of a controller work. I'll try to find the video.

edit: found it. the deets begin at around :35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n21LBD54cnU

itsamea-mario
03-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

Well i think that's more of a gameplay mechanic, to justify control over the ancestor, everything in the animus seems to require justifiction.

And i think as far as Desmond is concerned he feels like he is preforming the actions, hence how he can learn abilities. And i think it's his imagination taking control when he does something that would desynch an ancestor.

So i think desmond would see it through Altair/Ezio's eyes, because it would be impossible to see them in 3rd person, tell when was the last time you remembered the back of your own head.

Without, mirrors or cameras obviously.