PDA

View Full Version : Am I overmodeled or what!?

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 12:16 AM
I know it will sound fishy but here's what happened to me today.. Food for thoughts also for people that dismiss "sharpshooters" in the game.

I was in my b239, covering leader, when we jumped two bogeys. Lead called "bandit" and soon thereafter they start to bracket. I'm covering lead because he's after one of them, so I'm going to look after the other.

The one I'm following tries to get on leader's six, showing its belly to me. I think I see a glimpse of yellow, but I can swear it's not a brewster. It's not a snow cone, either (I-16). It COULD be a fin plane, after all, that was originally chasing the Ishak lead is after.

Since yellow is a color sported by fins planes, I decide I need to double check this plane nationality. But quickly, since he's almost on my leader's six! So what do I do?

I decide for a "ping": a single shot in the rear quarters of the fuselage. Usually it's enough to make them yell "stop shooting at friends!", I never did it, but I need leader to come home intact. We've already lost two b239 to the russian bombers, on this mission.

Normally I can deflect shoots just fine, but this time something goes wrong: a SINGLE MG BULLET, the first and only I shot, goes through the canopy killing the pilot, plane crashes, arriving intact to the impact. "friendly aircraft destroyed"

It was a Morane, a plane I never saw in the game, and I shot it with one single deflected shoot, when both of us were maneuvering. From now on I won't complain anymore about AI aim skills.

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 12:16 AM
I know it will sound fishy but here's what happened to me today.. Food for thoughts also for people that dismiss "sharpshooters" in the game.

I was in my b239, covering leader, when we jumped two bogeys. Lead called "bandit" and soon thereafter they start to bracket. I'm covering lead because he's after one of them, so I'm going to look after the other.

The one I'm following tries to get on leader's six, showing its belly to me. I think I see a glimpse of yellow, but I can swear it's not a brewster. It's not a snow cone, either (I-16). It COULD be a fin plane, after all, that was originally chasing the Ishak lead is after.

Since yellow is a color sported by fins planes, I decide I need to double check this plane nationality. But quickly, since he's almost on my leader's six! So what do I do?

I decide for a "ping": a single shot in the rear quarters of the fuselage. Usually it's enough to make them yell "stop shooting at friends!", I never did it, but I need leader to come home intact. We've already lost two b239 to the russian bombers, on this mission.

Normally I can deflect shoots just fine, but this time something goes wrong: a SINGLE MG BULLET, the first and only I shot, goes through the canopy killing the pilot, plane crashes, arriving intact to the impact. "friendly aircraft destroyed"

It was a Morane, a plane I never saw in the game, and I shot it with one single deflected shoot, when both of us were maneuvering. From now on I won't complain anymore about AI aim skills.

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 02:53 AM
yeah i think you are. Im gonna go whine to Oleg about yur FM /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Steaks
375th FS

Is it Pets Mart...or Pet Smart????

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 03:06 AM
thats the luck of the irish for you

http://www.aviation-central.com/1940-1945/images/aeg00-typhoon.gif

BEWARE THE ALMIGHTY JUG' MUNCHER

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Good job, guy was probably mixed up and going for your leader, why else would AI be barreling down on him in a different plane? You ought to get a promotion for great airmanship! But next time try to spray over the canopy for a warning./i/smilies/16x16_robot-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Steaks_361st wrote:
- yeah i think you are. Im gonna go whine to Oleg
- about yur FM /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
- Steaks
- 375th FS

As long as you don't post your graphs here.. You know, privacy and stuff..