PDA

View Full Version : PF story

theaircobra
11-13-2004, 04:19 PM
okay, i just wanted to share this story with you guys cus i have nobodys else to share it with and its cool. so i started a 1v1 mission with me (f4u) and a zeke. we go head on and i take some damage to my fuel tank. im starting to lean so i think great, ive got no way to try and turn with this guy and ive got very little alltitude. so i head twords my carrier fleet. i pass my carrier and the zeke is still on my six. i start a high and of attack, low speed turn to the back of the carrier. the AAA starts firing. the zeke is gaining on me so i pray the AAA hits him, and fast. i look back and see just as AAA starts to hit him he starts shooting. i jerk the stick as hard as i can to the left but BANG, BANG BANG BANG! the 20mm cannons jerk my aircraft over on its belly. then BANG BANG BANG! ahhhhhhhhhh! my airplane is smokeing bad and there is holes all over my plane! i check back and see that the zeke has finally gone down in a heap of fire! YAY! now just to land on the carrier.... so im comeing in at about 125 MPH and makeing a fair approach. i touch down and flair as much as i can. yes! ive cought the third wire and have completed the mission! thanks for reading!

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 04:23 PM
That was a close call.

fordfan25
11-13-2004, 04:39 PM
nice. bet that was a blast. unfortunitly for me i never have those adrinalen drinched times.....i never get shot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif j/k

killer2359
11-13-2004, 08:26 PM
That was a real tactic - lead a pursuing bad guy toward friendly AAA cover (particularly useful in Gauadalcanal apparently) - either the baddy would chicken or hopefully get nailed.

Unfortunately the gunners often would be shooting at both of you.