PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Sands which one is better Wii or Ps3/PC/Xbox?

Junizorofan
07-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi there, I want to buy the Prince of persia forgotten sands game for wii but when I checked it up on the internet I realized that the game is different then the Xbox/Pc/PS3 (and so on...) version.
I could buy it for the PC but I donīt really have to money to buy the both games in case that the other one would be better.
Perhaps itīs hard to tell just like this because peoples opinions are different. But I want to know if the wii version still is a good prince of persia game even though it doesnīt have the same graffics and storyline as the Ps3/PC... version?

It would be so awesome if someone could help me out and make it a bit easier for me.

persiateddy95
07-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I haven't played the PS3 version yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Well, I am in love with the PSP version. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

AurorsX
07-16-2010, 10:29 AM
I have played only PC version and it was great. I have heard that Wii version was better than PC, PS3 and Xbox360 together from some fanatics like Neurovizier.
I am sure that she will arrive here soon with her arguments and thoughts about the game.

neurovizier
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Welcome, Junizorfan!

I have played TFS on both wii & 360.

They are 2 VERY different games!

The next gen version appears to be glitch-laden across all platforms, but I did not encounter anything other than occassional frame stutter until my second playthrough, where I succumbed to the by now famous Death in King's Tower game-breaker. All saves are auto-only.

Wii version i played about 10 times, 4 times the wii seized, prolly due to over-heating. (As an insomniac, I tend to marathon a lot.) There are lots of auto-saves, & lots of water fountains for manual saves, too.

A glance through the pop help forum will reveal that next gen versions are rife with game-breaking bugs, I've only seen one post for wii & that was for one of the bonus maps, not main game.

LENGTH:

360 was one of the shortest games i ever pkayed, i finished it in one nite. And anyone who has played with me will tell you I'm a lousy gamer!

wii seemed to take forever. An advantage to being a lousy gamer is that i spend more time playing! I think i remember something like 60 hours on my first playthrough, compared to 10 hours for the 360. In all fairness to myself, however, I do spend a lot of time just sight-seeing & exploring.

GRAPHIX:

A lot of people get confused by this, but graphics encompasses both technical & artistic attributes of visual presentation.

360 had great resolution, stunnning cinematics, but design of prince body + face put a lot of people off. The color palette is mostly muted earth-tones, the maps not as varied as one would hope. Maps are good-sized, just not enough of them.

Wii has very good graphics as far as wii graphics go, with noticeable aliasing along some straight edges. As a wii owner, you should know that the graphics are very good for this game, but not as good as Endless Ocean. Also, I've played the wii TFS on both a big-screen plasma and a big-screen LCD, & wii graphics were much better on plasma. Color palette is broader & more reminiscent of SoT & T2T, with nice mix of dungeons & brilliant out-doors. Maps are by far the biggest & most varied of any other PoP game. Wii prince is (IMHO) handsomest prince so far! (sigh - swoon - thud)

COMBAT:

I am a fan of the Dynasty Warriors series so i had no problem with 360 combat, but many did not feel it fit this franchise. The up-grade tree is only moderately complex, and elemental powers are added for defense, offense, & platforming. Some of these are a lot of fun.

Wii has very simple tree, and elemental powers also can be used offensively, defensively, & for platforming. The combat itself is very similar to SoT, with some speed-kills a la T2T thrown in.

PLATFORMING:

360 featured some innovative platforming: water-freeze and air-dash are a lot of fun, and at end of game when you have to platform using all powers is a sheer joy.

wii - well, i can't explain because you have never experienced anything like it. Your mind will be blown and you will die a hundred deaths. You will get the ability to create hand-holds on almost any surface, and platform in mid-air, too. You will have the freedom to explore all the myriad hidden areas in these vast, new maps by any route you choose, and you will die trying.

PUZZLES:

360 has some nice puzzles, & one really spectacular one, they are all pretty easy to do.

Wii has more puzzles & some are harder.

MUSIC:

360 not as good as previous games, but Jablonski managed a few melodies that may grow on you, like Razia's theme and King's tower fight music.

I didn't like Salta's score for the wii as much, but the music over the credits is very nice. The game score features mostly authentic ethnic instruments which gave a very beautiful & atmospheric tone to the game, but without being "catchy" or memorable.

ROMANCE:

next-gen TFS must be the first game in this franchise with ZERO romance.

wii has some romance, & we get to see prince kiss, in a manner of speaking.

OTHER:
Wii features several times the umber of acheivements possible, many of which are extremely difficult.

If you are a fan of the Dahaka, wii (does not have dahaka) has speed-chases, and a speed chase bonus map that is the Mutha of all speed-chase maps!

wii has several other bonus maps, including combat arena & maze map that is brutal & very innovative, if you like mazes. The maze routes keep changing so they're never the same on any playthrough.

wii features unlockable skins of original SoT + T2T princes.

CONCLUSION: I know I'm missing something, I wrote detailed reviews & comparisons of these games on the user review thread but that's gone now. I think you should get both games, but if you can only get one for now, the wii really delivers an intense & enjoyable experience compared to next gen.

Whatever your decision, welcome to the forum & happy gaming!

Aninka

phil.llllll
07-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Pretty nice rundown http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I still haven't played either but it looks like if I do I'll have to get both. Seriously though, from looking at the wii version, I just can't help but think that the wii devs should have handled the next gen as well.

Also, how are the stories related (without spoilers if anyone responds)? I heard they're both separate but a part of a chronological whole. In essence, which one got the better of it?